• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on optic setup for .308 AR.

rifleman0321

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
midwest/USA
I am in the process of setting a LMT MWS up with optics. My first thought is to use a NF 2.5-10x32, with a piggybacked Trijicon mini red dot for up close. I will be using the gun for shooting steel out to 800m, hunting(15-400m), and possibly doing some tactical rifle courses with it in the future. IS the setup I have mentioned the most versatile I can get, or are there better ways to get there? My main concern is to have an utterly reliable sighting system that can properly handle whatever job I throw at it, as I intend to use the rifle for a lot of different things. I initially looked at the NF 1-4x24, but feel that the 4x likely will not be enough magnification at 400-plus. Any better ideas are welcome, or maybe there is something I haven't thought of. Whatever, the input will be appreciated.

Re: Question on optic setup for .308 AR.

USO 1.8-10x37 EREK w/JNG Reticle