• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Question on possibly getting scammed

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I know there's not much governance to be done here as we're all basically a free for all internet site, and most people want Paypal F&F to avoid fees. I've used the PX now for months without having any issues, but maybe I encountered my first one. I bought something on Sunday, sent payment immediately, and then not a single response in 4 days. User has been online, read my messages, but no reply.

I guess since I used F&F, there's nothing I can do to recoup my money, but not sure what to do in the future? Just always pay the 3.5% Paypal Fee to make sure I don't get ripped off?

I hate to give @lowlight a headache as I hear him talk about how horrible it is to deal with this shit on the podcast, so just looking for a better way of making purchases on here.

If you are gonna bring this stuff up, and this is starting to be a bigger pet peeve of mine, STOP being COY

Just lay out the damn facts, who it is, where is the post, all the silly little pieces of information we need to actually look into it

In some cases it's a scammer that gets through, in other cases people have drama in their lives that put them on the edges. Either way we need basic information like Post and User Name to determine anything

Stop with the Bullshit and spell it out in complete sentences with all the details, any less is a complete waste of our time

I was going to give it a few more days, just as you mentioned people have drama in their lives, shit's more important than responding quickly. I'll lay it all out in a few more days if it doesn't get resolved. Don't want to call someone out if that's what is going on with them.

Sorry to add bullshit. I'll be more direct if this happens. I was mainly checking on advice going forward if people just do Paypal w/ fees as insurance for themselves.

Just give us the details

Often times if someone is online here and not answering, if they are straight shooters and we ban them, they respond. If they are scammer they walk away and we prevented another potential scam

Alerting early is not always bad, but details matter

Reactions: brettb614
    Thread -

User-
    @ajwubbels

Payment sent Sunday - Removed their last name/email. Can provide all of that if necessary.
    1589490259529.png

Thanks for taking the time looking at this. I'll keep an eye out for a package to arrive. Maybe he's just a straight shooter, ships stuff, and stays quiet. He did just offload a ton of items in the past 2-3 weeks and I haven't seen anyone else raise an issue.

Thread -

User-
    @ajwubbels

Payment sent Sunday - Removed their last name/email. Can provide all of that if necessary.
    View attachment 7326239
    Just a heads up -- If you are using paypal for 2A related items, they will most definitely freeze/lock your account and funds for doing so. Advice - - don't mention gun related items in your transactions.

Thanks for the tips @308Origin , I'll make sure not to 2A related comments on my payments.

Thanks @MinnesotaMulisha for reaching out to him. I got the shipping # and it looks like he just forgot and ran out and shipped it today when you texted him. Looking forward to receiving the package next week.

Thanks @lowlight for helping out and looking into this for me.

Talked to @ajwubbels and he has been alarmed of this thread and can’t respond due to being banned. He said he is currently pulling 6:30am to 7:00pm shifts at the hospital fighting Covid in a predominant hotspot and apologizes for not letting you know there would be a delay in getting them to the post office during operational hours, and shipped. He’s wondering when he can personally posts since being banned isn’t allowing him to do so.

Talked to @ajwubbels and he has been alarmed of this thread and can’t respond due to being banned. He said he is currently pulling 6:30am to 7:00pm shifts at the hospital fighting Covid in a predominant hotspot and apologizes for not letting you know there would be a delay in getting them to the post office during operational hours, and shipped. He’s wondering when he can personally posts since being banned isn’t allowing him to do so.
    I talked to him this morning and he said the same thing. He can't post to clear this up, but he would like to.