• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Question on Sprinfield M1A barrel???

ledmach11969

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Ardmore, OK
Is it posible to change the barrel of my Springfield Armory Standard M1A, to a national match barrel for more accuracy?

If its a yes, could you please tell me who to talk to, or where to look for more information. I really appreciate, the help. Thank you.

I'm having second thoughts of selling or trading my M1A. I'm considering making into a rifle project. For long distance shots.

Re: Question on Sprinfield M1A barrel???

Yes, contact Fulton Armory. They can take care of anything you need for an M1A

Krieger will also rebarrel and do other accuracy work on your M1A. They rebarreled 2 for me and one for my partner. They are very good shooters now. All are bedded in mcmillan and have the gas system unitized.

david

Go to the M14 forum, the firingline m14tfl.com and search for Jon Wolfe at M14parts.com he is one of the site supporters and a hell of a M14/M1a mechanic. He is quick on the turn around time, and reasonable in pricing. There is also a local M14 guy in texas, several really Art Luppino on the same forum. Be careful they are addictive, lol.

Thank you guys for your information has helped me to make a better decition, on making a better and accurate rifle.