• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on the Sig P320 incident in Philadelphia transit where they claim it fired by itself.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Does anyone have more information about this incident where supposedly the pistol just decided to fire by itself while sitting in a holster?
    Supposedly it's a Didn't do nothing, gun had a mind of it's own?

Seems very suspect unless there is actually some major issue in the design. I would think the military and other agency testings before acceptance would sort out any major design flaws.

• Wow
    Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    I call bull shit. The P320 does have a known issue with going off when dropped.

I have thought about sending my wife's in for the update. But if you do some research the drop needed to make it go off far and away exceeds any standard drop test Military or otherwise.

Some fucking junior officer was fiddley fucking with something.

To have a modern pistol go off just hanging in a holster you would have to have 2 if not 3 failures internally. The sear would have to fail (trigger not pulled so sear shouldn't move) and the firing pin block would have to fail (again trigger not pulled so it should not have moved)

What a bunch of shit.
    Edit for fucking autocorrect

Does anyone have more information about this incident where supposedly the pistol just decided to fire by itself while sitting in a holster?

Seems very suspect unless there is actually some major issue in the design. I would think the military and other agency testings before acceptance would sort out any major design flaws.

If it's like any other PD weapon I've examined, it was probably filthy with food and drink residue.
    Something shitty is bound to happen when it never gets unholstered except to wipe off a little Pepsi or latte. Then it goes right back into the holster.

Fucking dumbasses like that wonder why their weapon refuses to fire during their annual quals.

I recently bought a M&P that was a Brinks trade-in.
    The trigger was mushy and horrible.
    After cleaning all of the shit off of and out of it, it actually has a decent trigger. Food and drink were all over the trigger surfaces...
    WTF?

Thank goodness it wasnt near a school or WalMart.......

i would like to know what holster it was in, the only way i could see this happening is a fat cop pushing down on the gun while sitting down and bang. i would also say 99.9 he pulled the trigger.

I recently bought a M&P that was a Brinks trade-in.
    The trigger was mushy and horrible.
    After cleaning all of the shit off of and out of it, it actually has a decent trigger. Food and drink were all over the trigger surfaces...
    WTF?

Field expedient spoon

Reactions: XLR308
    i spent 35 yrs in law enforcement, and as a firearms instructor, have seen just a few ad's. one time i seen a officer try to put his sw semi in his holster with finger on trigger and not de-cocked guess what bang. lucky guy he had a knife in his cargo pocket that deflected the round. red mark on his leg, pants torn, ego hurt but ok. police in general are bad shots, dont practice, and have very bad gun handling skills. dont blame the police but the admin's.

Um, no. :p

BUT, have you seen some of our local deputies? Oh, that's right, you have.

I was having lunch with Rebecca a little while ago and we watched two different Deputies go in and out of the SO building.
    One was barrel chested and carrying in his equipment and a few water bottles.

His car was clean and his uniform fit well.
    I bet his pistol was taken care of also.

The next fella was about 5'10" (maybe) and at least two-fitty.
    Along with his equipment he had a Wawa bag with three full sized hoagies in it. WTF?

Anyone want to guess what his uniform looked like?
    His pistol was probably polluted with tittie sprinkles too.

Whatever happened to dress and appearance standards?
    Taking care of the equipment that can save lives should be primary too.

dont blame the police but the admin's.

Hi,

Well that is not completely true....

The individual is JUST as much at fault as Administration.

Pilots train on their own....because it benefits them as part of their job.
    Dynamic Positioning Operators train on their own....because it benefits them as part of their job.
    Web Developers train on their own...because it benefits them as part of their job.
    Athletes train on their own....because it benefits them as part of their job.

BUT LEO should only train when Admin pays them to???

Sincerely,
    Theis

theis, you are right and their are alot that do but its the ones that dont. they will not train on their own time or buy their own ammo. the city dept i worked for i quit as firearms instructor with the last chief. he would not give out training ammo and only did once a year quals. guys should do at least 4 times a year, a night shoot, and tac stress shooting. its not the case as a whole with le in this country. i currently work for a sheriff's office the last sheriff does this we will see what the new one does after the first of the year.

giphy (5).gif

My friends sister married an RCMP officer. I had taken my friend to different ranges, a number of times over the years. He kinda knows that I have a bit of an interest in a firearm or two. He warned me away from talking with 'sisters husband', completely.

I tried being polite one day, as we were in the same place at the same time (in public) and HE (the officer) starts in on me regarding firearms in general, with complete disdain, and reluctantly stated that he HAS to qualify each and every year. He hated that he HAD to do that. He'd prefer that Canada was like Britain.

That was the last time I have EVER spoken to him, and she has since divorced him. My friend though, he's happy as hell now.

(Those are facts, as I have experienced them. There is a LOT being said here, between the lines.)

Wasn't it a SIG 239 that the illegal used to kill Kate Steinle? His defense used the argument that it went off he picked it up. And it got him off.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    theis, you are right and their are alot that do but its the ones that dont. they will not train on their own time or buy their own ammo. the city dept i worked for i quit as firearms instructor with the last chief. he would not give out training ammo and only did once a year quals. guys should do at least 4 times a year, a night shoot, and tac stress shooting. its not the case as a whole with le in this country. i currently work for a sheriff's office the last sheriff does this we will see what the new one does after the first of the year.
    1000 rds a year is only 2.7 rds a day. No one will ever be proficient at anything except masterbation doing it 2 times a day and 5 times on Sunday.

I shoot 5000+ (probably closer to 7000) a year and people look at me like I have 3 heads. It wasn't until a couple years ago that my wife decided she didn't want to be a victim and started to shoot with me that she understood how little 1000 rds actually is.

Last edited:
    Whatcha wanna bet Hathcock there wasn't pleased with the release so he busted out his honing stone and fucked with the sear?

PS, I do a SIG disposal service too, along with others, AND I'll pay one way shipping...

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    View attachment 7146266

Those standards still exist- our people are the picture of professionalism and readiness

Please oh please for the sake of us all somebody make sure big momma doesn't run out of smoked turkey legs.
    She might devour two or three children and a lawn chair before being stopped.