• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Question on Vector v94 / mp5 clone.

tiger499

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
www.edgetattoos.com
Is this any good, I.E. are their better built pieces? Ive never really heard of vector and figured you ex mil guys would know the feel of the real and have a decent compare.

Re: Question on Vector v94 / mp5 clone.

My suggestion is to educate yourself on the delayed blow back roller locking system, and invest in a set of 45degree feeler gauges, when buying a HK or clone the headspace or gap can be excessive, oversized rollers are available but why start life needing parts. Vector clones are generally pretty good.

To my limited knowledge Vector is one of the better clones out there. Keep in mind that all stateside tooling came from a man named Todd Bailey (google him). His tooling was often out of spec and this caused many issues. Vector started out with this tooling as well. Later it got better.

The best thing you can do is contact one of the better known builders off of HKPRO.com (Chopstix Kid or Ghillebear) and get their opinion.

I have an out of spec Cohaire SBR that has had just about everything but the flat replaced with HK parts. It was built by a member here who just kept diagnosing problems, consulting the HKPRO board and replacing parts (not that many needed to be replaced to make it run). After he got done with it it runs like a raped ape. Point is they can all be made to run by someone that knows what they are doing.

ps - they are a very cool toy in an SBR. I can't see the reason to own a non SBR.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my limited knowledge Vector is one of the better clones out there. Keep in mind that all stateside tooling came from a man named Todd Bailey (google him). His tooling was often out of spec and this caused many issues. Vector started out with this tooling as well. Later it got better.

The best thing you can do is contact one of the better known builders off of HKPRO.com (Chopstix Kid or Ghillebear) and get their opinion.

I have an out of spec Cohaire SBR that has had just about everything but the flat replaced with HK parts. It was built by a member here who just kept diagnosing problems, consulting the HKPRO board and replacing parts (not that many needed to be replaced to make it run). After he got done with it it runs like a raped ape. Point is they can all be made to run by someone that knows what they are doing.

ps - they are a very cool toy in an SBR. I can't see the reason to own a non SBR.

Good luck </div></div>

Vectors used to be good, now their CS and quality control has gone down hill.

Stay away from new production vectors, if you can find one that's 4+ years old, it will be a good one and will be worth getting. I bought a new production HK33 clone and sent it back a week later to get fixed; that was 6 months ago. I figured it was just a lemon and was fine with them fixing it, but between the time it has taken and the fact that there are 6 other people on HKpro who also bought new vectors which were all broken in the exact same way mine is, something must be wrong with either a building jig of theirs or their smith is doing something wrong.

I've extensively handled practically every weapon HK has made for the last 30 years, especially the roller lockers; and the fit, finish, and build quality of the vector I have and the others I've handled aren't up to HK specs. Your best bet is to just go with a custom build like mentioned above. Those guys make outstanding weapons(often better than HK) and they work flawlessly. They also make variants HK never did.

For a few bucks more you could have Jeff over at HKPro.com build you a clone using an LSC flat and demilled MP5 kit or you can get a front-end and use RCM parts. His username is Ghilliebear.