• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question regarding an AI AE in 6.5 Creedmoor

Jethro3898

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
Dothan, AL
Guys,

I was almost 100% sold on a custom build in 6.5 Creedmoor and found out that I can also get an AI in 6.5....which I did not know. This is another option I'd like to investigate before I amde my final decision.

My question is: Does Accuracy International actually make the rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, or do US retailers have a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel made simply thread it on an AI in say .308?

The reason I ask is that Mile High shows on their site that you can get the rifle in 6.5, but AI's own website doesn't mention this.

I was really just curious as to how how it worked....does the rifle come from AI in 6.5, or do they (whoever the retailer is) just swap a 6.5 barrel from someone like Bartlein onto a .308 rifle they have on the shelf.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, I was just thrown for a loop when Mile High shows a 6.5, but AI's own website doesn't even offer this caliber in their "build your own" area of the website.

Thanks

Re: Question regarding an AI AE in 6.5 Creedmoor

AI North America (AINA) has the ability to customize the rifles by getting Dave Tooley on here to make different barrels. The AI (International) website will not have these custom options listed. The US Market is different.

Also Mile High is an Distributor with an in-house smith who can also swap out barrels based on customer requests. There is always a host of options available at Mile High thanks to Adam working in the shop.

It's just a barrel change and nothing crazy, in fact I have a 6.5CM barrel for my AX and currently my Legacy AW is set up as a 260. That is the beauty of the platform.

We do obtain them from AINA with the 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 barrels on them like the .308s. You'll see AINA Bartlein barrels in the 6.5 calibers, but not a UK barrel.

Send us an email or PM if you would like to know more.

-Sean

Love my AE in 6.5, my favorite gun by far. Don't think twice.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send us an email or PM if you would like to know more.</div></div>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vtLqSA4fg</div></div>

Glad you someone picked up on it.. I had just watched the movie yesterday before I got online.

-Sean

I have the AW from Mile High with the 260 barrel and it is F@#$%%^ Awesome. Don't hesitate to go with an AI.