• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question regarding MIL adjustment

freezingduck

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Norway
So i have a IOR 3,5-18x50 scope on my .308 bolt rifle.
I never seem to get the MIL adjustment correct:(
The elevation turret says .1 mrad pr. click.
But the elevation turret is made up of two dials, the main head, and a an adjustable ring on the main turret.
As far as i understand, 1 click on the main turret is 1centimeter at 100meters, and 10 cm at 1000meters.
what is the small ring for then?

Re: Question regarding MIL adjustment

I don't know anything about IOR personally. Is the small ring secureded with set screws? If so I'd think thats either how you zero out the turret or it may be your zero stop. I didn't see a manual in PDF on their website but I didn't really look that hard. If you can't find one to download send them an email or call them and ask for one. Good luck

It sounds like you are describing the secondary impact indicator. It can be set anywhere on the dial as a quick reference. IE- 500 yards or something you commonly dial to.

Def a secondary impact marker. Say your farthest target at your range is 950yds. You get your regular zero/zerostop. And your dope to 950 is 8.5mils.loosen the tiny set screw in the end of the pointer on secondary impact ring and rotat e pointer to 8.5 and now you got a marker for your farthest dial.its just a quick reference , that simple.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Def a secondary impact marker. Say your farthest target at your range is 950yds. You get your regular zero/zerostop. And your dope to 950 is 8.5mils.loosen the tiny set screw in the end of the pointer on secondary impact ring and rotat e pointer to 8.5 and now you got a marker for your farthest dial.its just a quick reference , that simple. </div></div>

This ^^^^^^^^^^ is the correct answer. I have the same scope. The middle indicator ring is to set at a secondary zero. I have it set to 1.2 MILS (which is my 300 yard zero) you can put it wherever you want and screw in the set screw, or not use it at all. When shooting steel targets at various yardages, I dial to my 300 yard zero indicator and then use my MIL hashes for holdovers at various distances. When I want to go back to my 100 yard "0" I just dial back down to "0" on the main turret.

I hope this helped explain the use for the secondary indicator in the middle of the main turret.