• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question regarding post-41F "single shot" type trust

fanninland

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2017
NE Texas
Any thoughts about using a pre-41F "multiple person/multiple item" type trust (prepared by an attorney who specialized in such) as a template for a post-41F type "single-shot" style trust?
I have purchased several cans from Silencer Shop pre-41F and would happily use the single shot trust option with them now, but I found a great deal on a can from a local dealer so unfortunately the SS option isn't available.

So....would or would not it be advisable to use my pre-41F family gun trust document as a template for a completely new single shot style trust by modifying the name, i.e. "TBAC Ultra 7 s/n xxxxx Trust", and listing myself as settlor and the sole trustee? I haven't had an opportunity to compare a single-shot style trust with a pre-41F trust so I don't know if there are significant differences between the structure of the two. With all things NFA I don't take any chances, so my instinct tells me to con$ult my gun trust attorney.