• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question Regarding Residency and Surppressor Purchasing

Jcas2012

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2011
Florida
Hey guys I have a rather unique situation. So before I enlisted in the Marine Corps I grew up in New Hampshire. However before I enlisted I worked in Florida for a year and had to obtain a Florida drivers license and claim residency. I want to purchase a suppressor but it would be going back to my original home in NH. Would I be able to put a NH address on my paperwork when I submit it or does it have to be where my drivers license says? Basically there is a shop not too far from where I live up in NH that I would be picking the suppressor up at if I got one and it would be staying in NH. Suppressors are legal in Florida and New Hampshire but I don't know if I can put a NH address on the paperwork. Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

Where do you reside?

Under Federal law:
Under State law:
Under Military law:

Are you asking where I live now or where I am stationed? I am officially on paper a residence of Florida. I have never looked at a form 4 so I don't know if it asks for current address and or residency or what.

Purchase the can in FL as that is where you currently reside. file the form 4, wait your 6 months and get your can. When you move back to NH, file a ATF form 5320.20 (I think) to let them know you are moving. As long as it's legal where you are going to live you'll be ok.

Last edited:
How is it safer to register as a trust than an individual? You are no less legally culpable if anything illegal may happen with the firearm. Trusts are meant for estate planning and holding property and regardless of how the attorney words the document there are no legal securities that might protect you if the DOJ wants to drop the hammer.