• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

question with model 1 sales

HOOFER

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2007
lewistown, MT, Colorado
looking for a varmint upper for my ar, what are your thoughts on the model 1 sales varmint uppers, anybody have experience with one

thanks

Re: question with model 1 sales

No experience with the Varmint, but I used to have a 16" A2 that grouped really well. 5K round later I sold the gun. No problems at all.

However I called 3 weeks ago to see about getting one built and was told 18 month wait on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock10mmman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However I called 3 weeks ago to see about getting one built and was told 18 month wait on it. </div></div>

shocked.gif
cry.gif

I got my 20" varminter kit from M & A Parts which is a similar outfit. My SBR kit came from Model 1 and it has been great. My buddy bought the same SBR kit years ago and runs it in full auto on an M16 lower and it has ran great for him too.

Model 1's Varmint uppers are excellent. The 24" uppers specifically. As a matter of fact everything I have ever receiver from Model 1 has been excellent. They are a top notch company (both quality & service) to deal with.