• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questioning the quality of the Ckye-Pod- UPDATE - New one received !!

I have -
Thunderbeast Bipod
Atlas PSR and my shooting partner has the Cal Gen2
Ckye Pod with PRS Short Legs.

Running them all in matches and drills the only complaint I have with the Ckye Pod is that the legs come out so easily and with the grip tape that sometimes moving between positions, it's very easy for the leg to get caught or rub on something and get extended. Costs me a little time to get it back to the position I want.

I noticed that too... they slide out VERY easily. assuming the telescoping tolerances are larger than needed.

And folks, about the Cyke bipod, I've never held one, never shot one, it was honestly refreshing to see a new bipod that was novel, not infringing on our patents. My hat is off to them (him) for that. The first Atlas bipods were "loose" and oh how those "experts" that never shot off one would howl! Even now, we'll get a call from a consumer asking about tolerance (loose/play) when the legs are extended..... It's the secret sauce, when the bipod is attached to a rifle, the legs are deployed and extended, then the rig is set on the ground, table or any supporting surface, the secret sauce, called "gravity", takes the play away! add just a touch of pressure, some call "load" and your golden.... well, at least that's my experience.

Bipods are not narcotics, it's really ok to try them before forming an opinion.

I would agree that once there is pressure on the moving parts it feels fine. as solid as any other pod.

as a poster above mentioned carrying the atlas and the ckye for matches might seem to be the best of both worlds.. time and rounds will tell .. the versatility alone makes the ckye worth holding on it.

I understand preloading helps and that the vast amount of possible positions/adjustments is going to cause a compromise on tolerances but for $550, it better be the best Quality bipod on the market

I have an Atlas and a Cyke, like them both, but lean toward the Cyke. YMMV. Choices are good, in the states that still allow them.

This shit cracks me up every time! I suppose if you never shoot and just want it to "feel tight", or only shoot were the grass isnt over 2" long an atlas would be great. I suppose I'm a bit biased but for quick adjustment and versatility I've seen nothing better. I have all original from before Ckye sold to MDT, I know the first batch MDT built were looser but they were supposed to have fixed that? Mine have all been great.

Reactions: D_TROS and MTETM
This shit cracks me up every time! I suppose if you never shoot and just want it to "feel tight", or only shoot were the grass isnt over 2" long an atlas would be great. I suppose I'm a bit biased but for quick adjustment and versatility I've seen nothing better. I have all original from before Ckye sold to MDT, I know the first batch MDT built were looser but they were supposed to have fixed that? Mine have all been great.

So everyone that uses an Atlas “never shoots” or shoots on a golf course... I’m sure you are right.

Bought one, hated it.. but not because of the quality. Just too many moving parts for my taste. My buddy has one and won’t shoot wo it so at the end of the day, like with all shooting gear, it’s totally shooter preference. glad to have options like Harris, Atlas and and the like

So everyone that uses an Atlas “never shoots” or shoots on a golf course... I’m sure you are right.
Wonderful day at the golf course:)
48870AAF-002E-420C-B24C-A8B05335535E.jpeg

If 90% of your shooting is taking it out of your range bag, plopping it on a bench or prone, the Atlas or the TBAC bipod will feel great, simple, less moving parts, etc etc.

I actually run my TBAC more as its super simple. For a match, I'll have a Ckye in my bag in case I need it.

I have a Ckye, PSR, and CAL. I've also shot with a TBAC just for fun. 9/10 I'm using either my CAL or Ckye.

Honestly I do not notice a major difference in either and shoot the same regardless of what bipod I'm using. I've also never lost points on a stage because I was using one bipod over the other. BT Atlas Bipods, Ckye (MDT or Pre MDT), and TBAC are all great quality bipods. If you're going off on bipod reliability and blame pulled shots on your bipod you likely have bigger issues to worry about. Blame yourself before the gear....otherwise you're likely the person to get out shot by someone using a caldwell bipod.

For that money, TBAC or Elite Iron and be done with the thought forever.
I don't think you understand the purpose a ckye pod is designed for.
A tbac or elite iron a great bipods if you want a very solid bipod for shooting prone on realitively flat ground.
A ckye pod is not the most stable bipod out there for flat prone shooting. But is king for almost every other wierd and improvised shooting position. If people followed your advise and only had an elite iron bipod then on most rifles tbey couldn't slide it on an arca rail which rules out using a bipod on almost every obstical.

What happens if you walk into a blind stage and yoit equipment restrictions are 1 bag 1 bipod. You get in there and there is a 3 foot tall obstical you have to shoot over that you can't touch. With your elite iron or tbac you have to hope there is something decent that you can build a solid prop to use as a rest or your loosing points. With the ckye pod you just extend out your legs and shoot over it

I don't think you understand the purpose a ckye pod is designed for.
A tbac or elite iron a great bipods if you want a very solid bipod for shooting prone on realitively flat ground.
A ckye pod is not the most stable bipod out there for flat prone shooting. But is king for almost every other wierd and improvised shooting position. If people followed your advise and only had an elite iron bipod then on most rifles tbey couldn't slide it on an arca rail which rules out using a bipod on almost every obstical.

What happens if you walk into a blind stage and yoit equipment restrictions are 1 bag 1 bipod. You get in there and there is a 3 foot tall obstical you have to shoot over that you can't touch. With your elite iron or tbac you have to hope there is something decent that you can build a solid prop to use as a rest or your loosing points. With the ckye pod you just extend out your legs and shoot over it
Nailed it. All application based. While I do use the CAL or Ckye 9/10 of those the CAL is what I usually have on my gun.

Wasn’t the triple leg model $1200?
And 4 lbs?

At some point a RRS tripod is the answer IMHO.
A large percentage of the time tripods are banned on the stage brief, have to be deployed on the clock or just plane not practical in a stage. A good tripod is needed as well but not able to be used even half as much as a versatile bipod. At the moment I only have a ckye pod and a Harris. I don't like the ckye pod all that much for prone but it gets the job done and eventually I will get a big solid bipod for prone. Probably after I swap my short bipod for the tripple leg tho

Well at first it was quite annoying with the wobbly feel of it, but after using the Ckye pod on a few matches i'm extremely happy with them.
Just a little preload and they get super solid, and they are extremely stiff when you put a lot of preload too.

Wouldn't cross my mind to change them to any other brand now.

Gamers gonna game.
It’s not gaming at all. Some guys carry the 24” Harris hows that any different, because the triple leg collapses smaller and can be permanently left on the gun? When shooting at high angles it’s nice to be able to just prone while others either have to shoot off a pack or setup a tripod on the clock.

It’s not gaming at all. Some guys carry the 24” Harris hows that any different, because the triple leg collapses smaller and can be permanently left on the gun? When shooting at high angles it’s nice to be able to just prone while others either have to shoot off a pack or setup a tripod on the clock.
Some people have no interest in winning. They just want to look tacticool and not use and do what ever is needed to win

Well at first it was quite annoying with the wobbly feel of it, but after using the Ckye pod on a few matches i'm extremely happy with them.
Just a little preload and they get super solid, and they are extremely stiff when you put a lot of preload too.

Wouldn't cross my mind to change them to any other brand now.

thank you. thats reassuring for sure.

I had heard a number of ckye pods went out the door and the lock pins were bending easy. I been cranking on mine and no issues so far. I have some range time tomorrow and im going to practice some stages and see how she feels in action

So everyone that uses an Atlas “never shoots” or shoots on a golf course...
I have some friends that golf. I told them that's the only way they'd ever get me out there. They get one swing at their ball with the driver. I get one shot at it wherever it lays from the clubhouse roof.

So far no one has taken me up on it. lol

... and for the record, I've dropped lots of animals in the field off an atlas bipod. You sure as heck don't need to be on a golf course for it to have value. If the grass is so tall that you can't use a standard height atlas, then you better be setting up a tripod... because a bipod is definitely not the answer in that situation.

I have some friends that golf. I told them that's the only way they'd ever get me out there. They get one swing at their ball with the driver. I get one shot at it wherever it lays from the clubhouse roof.

So far no one has taken me up on it. lol

... and for the record, I've dropped lots of animals in the field off an atlas bipod. You sure as heck don't need to be on a golf course for it to have value. If the grass is so tall that you can't use a standard height atlas, then you better be setting up a tripod... because a bipod is definitely not the answer in that situation.
Perfect use of a golf range. Golf range is a perfect waste of a good shooting range.

Reactions: Dobermann
Never had any interest in them.

Is this a general Cyke pod thing, or a 'Cyke pod got bought out and the newer versions suck' thing?

But what do I know, I just use discarded homeless people as bipods.

Never had any interest in them.

Is this a general Cyke pod thing, or a 'Cyke pod got bought out and the newer versions suck' thing?

But what do I know, I just use discarded homeless people as bipods.
Get them before the meth. Otherwise they’re too wobbly...

I'll tell you what, I'll give you $150 for it so you can go buy a Harris that has zero slop.

The slop is there to allow it to function. If things are too tight a little dirt will stop it up in a hurry. It's perfectly stable once you get on it.
Uh...kinda like an AK-47......much slop, all go???

The "thingy" looks like the same design as an Atlas. Put it back on and make sure the detent ball clicks into the hole. Holly fuck this thread is a dumpster fire.

Reactions: whiskeytower
The "thingy" looks like the same design as an Atlas. Put it back on and make sure the detent ball clicks into the hole. Holly fuck this thread is a dumpster fire.

interesting to see the bench snipers complain about PRS gear.

maybe next week we will see complaints about RRS again

😬

Reactions: LV Precision
serious note

I recently bought another PRS leg ckyepod and had the foot come loose as well.

the fix, was to fully seat the foot with a rubber mallet, and make sure the detent was fully seated

serious note

I recently bought another PRS leg ckyepod and had the foot come loose as well.

the fix, was to fully seat the foot with a rubber mallet, and make sure the detent was fully seated

it wouldnt reseat for shit. I had to crank the set screw in to get the ball to pop out enough then bash the shit out of it on the bench to get it to set.

it wouldnt reseat for shit. I had to crank the set screw in to get the ball to pop out enough then bash the shit out of it on the bench to get it to set.

MIght be a defective / tolerance issue. I'd just talk to MDT customer support and they'll get you squared away. I had no issues with my feet. I swapped mine to the atlas rubber feet though as I like rubber feet when shooting at the range.

Did this POS get ordered off Amazon or some airsoft website? Is it possible it’s a fake? Sounds like a whole lot of things going on here....

MIght be a defective / tolerance issue. I'd just talk to MDT customer support and they'll get you squared away. I had no issues with my feet. I swapped mine to the atlas rubber feet though as I like rubber feet when shooting at the range.

did the atlas feat pop right in with no issues?

Did this POS get ordered off Amazon or some airsoft website? Is it possible it’s a fake? Sounds like a whole lot of things going on here....

I purchased from what appears to be an authorized dealer but you bring up an interesting point. it arrived in a generic shipping box wrapped in bubble wrap (no MDT packaging). it did come with a MDT flyer inside the box though.

I purchased from what appears to be an authorized dealer but you bring up an interesting point. it arrived in a generic shipping box wrapped in bubble wrap (no MDT packaging). it did come with a MDT flyer inside the box though.

That doesn't sound right. Mine came with full MDT packaging.

And yes, the feet just popped right in.

That doesn't sound right. Mine came with full MDT packaging.

And yes, the feet just popped right in.
@MDT_Josh ?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
The earlier ones just come in a white box. I bought mine from a shop and it just came in a whit box

I bought one over the winter to try about. Up until this last weekend it had only been used on range trips but I did shoot a match with it this weekend and it held up just fine. Not too much “slop” as far as I can tell. My only complaint is some of the buttons get stuck or jammed up making hit harder to deploy, or a longer time to deploy but I assume that will just take some more time to fully get use to it. I feel there are many great benfits to the CKE-Pod but would shine more in a field style match than your typical PRS match. Either way, I like mine!

He hasn't got an order number from you guys.

This smells like a counterfeit