• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questioning the quality of the Ckye-Pod- UPDATE - New one received !!

I’m just saying $500 is an awful lot for a tactical bipod . Now if you’re a professional making your living from it , then I guess u want the very best . Do these matches pay anything substantial ? Guys at my range have the NightForce 15-55 at about $2,500 bucks . Does it make them shoot any better than my 10-50 Sightron that was $900 . That’s a big fat nope !

Just a couple days ago, I was talking to a good friend of mine that has won the South Dakota and Nebraska state ARA benchrest championship. He told me the reason he bought a nightforce because his 3 sightron's wouldn't track when he went from 50yds, to 100, and 200yds. This is 22lr smallbore we're talking here, so it isn't as if recoil is trashing the scopes. They just don't track. I suppose you think your sightron is just as good as my $4700 Tangent Theta's as well?

There is a bit more slop then I thought it would have when I got it out of the box and the buttons do get stuck on me and jam up sometimes which is honestly the only negative I can come up with but the features and adaptability of it far exceed everything else on the market so I’m a convert for sure. Hopefully they can improve on those things the future.

Huge fan of the CAL GEN2, bought both at the same time to compare. Such a tight and solid bipod but lacks the features of the ckyepod for what I want out of a bipod. Be good for those guys that mainly shoot flat ranges and flat range type prs comps though.

Take mine hunting, prs, field shooting, do everything with it. Will swap mine out for a double soon when I can be bothered buying one. The standard is just a tad short I think. Don’t know why they have the short one. Seems counter intuitive to the whole point of the bipod.

View attachment 7330915
Could you tell me what color pattern this manners is?

Sooo this thread derailed from Ckye Pod to "A $20 bipod is just as good, but not for PRS, for bench, I'm too old and slow for PRS, but for benchrest spending more than $20 is insane, look at my groups." real fast.
JuSt As GoOd.

I'm a big fan of the ckye pod. But I also am a fan of my CAL Gen 2.

If printing groups on paper off a bench is your thing then go do bench rest.

Just a couple days ago, I was talking to a good friend of mine that has won the South Dakota and Nebraska state ARA benchrest championship. He told me the reason he bought a nightforce because his 3 sightron's wouldn't track when he went from 50yds, to 100, and 200yds. This is 22lr smallbore we're talking here, so it isn't as if recoil is trashing the scopes. They just don't track. I suppose you think your sightron is just as good as my $4700 Tangent Theta's as well?

That’s odd ! If u do a little research you will see that the NightForce , although better glass , has the rep of not tracking , where SIghtron doesn’t . I didn’t watch video , but thx anyways . 😁

• Haha
Reactions: clonebuilder
That’s odd ! If u do a little research you will see that the NightForce , although better glass , has the rep of not tracking , where SIghtron doesn’t . I didn’t watch video , but thx anyways . 😁

must be the reason why all the top F-class shooters keep using NightForce 🤔

It’s also has a lot to do with prestige. Some people just have to have the best ! Like spending almost 5 grand on a scope ! SMH

If a $20 bipod and sightron scope work for you, I say go for it. It's your money and your gun. It's just a hobby for me, but i enjoy having equipment that's a little more upscale. I probably dont shoot better for it, but it's my money and my gun. I'll stick with my cykepod and Razor, because I want to.
Now go troll another thread. You are on my ignore list, so dont bother trolling me.

the ignorance is astounding.
The invite is out there ! I can’t run around shooting off of stuff , but I’ll put my rifle up against a custom for accuracy ! And bring that 5 grand scope too !

If a $20 bipod and sightron scope work for you, I say go for it. It's your money and your gun. It's just a hobby for me, but i enjoy having equipment that's a little more upscale. I probably dont shoot better for it, but it's my money and my gun. I'll stick with my cykepod and Razor, because I want to.
Now go troll another thread. You are on my ignore list, so dont bother trolling me.
Who said anything about a $20 pod ? I’m talking a middle ground Sinclair tactical that’s about $200 !

fry-meme-trolling-or-stupid.jpg
Invite is there ! Or are u just mouth ?

The point is you're either a huge troll, or are too ignorant to realize how ridiculous most of your posts are.

I'm betting you're just trolling, and all of these guys trying to talk sense into you are just taking the bait.

The invite is out there ! I can’t run around shooting off of stuff , but I’ll put my rifle up against a custom for accuracy ! And bring that 5 grand scope too !

Dude, nobody cares. The Ckye pod was not designed for someone that only shoots off a bench. If you don't/can't/aren't going to shoot from multiple positions, in circumstances required in PRS matches, you aren't going to see the benefits of a Ckye pod. Why are you still arguing that it's not necessary for the task it was designed for, when you don't do that task?

Dude, nobody cares. The Ckye pod was not designed for someone that only shoots off a bench. If you don't/can't/aren't going to shoot from multiple positions, in circumstances required in PRS matches, you aren't going to see the benefits of a Ckye pod. Why are you still arguing that it's not necessary for the task it was designed for, when you don't do that task?
We were talking rifle accuracy between a custom and non custom ! I was told the PRS shooters check their rifle accuracy the same way I do . So I’ve just been waiting for someone to post those custom accuracy groups , but to no avail !

Your kinda like that old guy at the gun store that runs his mouth but has never accomplished anything. I usually just say ok and let the old man think hes right.

We were talking rifle accuracy between a custom and non custom ! I was told the PRS shooters check their rifle accuracy the same way I do . So I’ve just been waiting for someone to post those custom accuracy groups , but to no avail !

Honestly, most of us don't obsess about group size at 100 yards. It's nice to have 1/4" groups, but I'd rather have 1/2" groups @ 100 with a tight ES/SD. Developing the skills to build a stable firing position to hit targets from 100 yards to 1000+, under time constraints, and off many different types of obstacles/barricades/etc, is what is important in PRS. Having the smallest group really isn't all that important. Helping to build a stable shooting platform from a wide variety of shooting positions is what the Ckye pod does best.

Your kinda like that old guy at the gun store that runs his mouth but has never accomplished anything. I usually just say ok and let the old man think hes right.
This is all I have to say ! Let’s see yours !
5 shots , 300 yards ! Put up or shut up !
Measures .535

Attachments

• 614D31F2-8968-4C76-95A3-C070F1038542.jpeg
    614D31F2-8968-4C76-95A3-C070F1038542.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 48
and then people complain about the lack of quality in products or why everything is made in China...

There has to be a balance, of course. CHarging premium for a product and using 'easy' and cheap production methods is bullshit. I'll pay premium for premium products or services, but churing out shit and saying 'well, it's an expensive sport' is a load of crap.

I paid something in the region of $400 for my LRA light tactical many years ago. It's only drawback is that you can't deploy that thing quickly for love or money, but in every other metric, it's perfect. There's no looseness in the works, it's quick detach, rock steady and about as well made and machined as anything out there (with perhaps the exception of the new TBAC bipod which looks like alien technology).

With all the use of bags these days, how much does one need a bipod really? That's a sincere question, not poking at anyone. I used to just use my backpack the majority of the time to be honest.
Not everyone shoots the PRS faggotry where everyone looks like a michelen man with 15 pillows strapped to them.. Lots of field and practical shooters still rocking bipods and tripods.

I’m just saying $500 is an awful lot for a tactical bipod . Now if you’re a professional making your living from it , then I guess u want the very best . Do these matches pay anything substantial ? Guys at my range have the NightForce 15-55 at about $2,500 bucks . Does it make them shoot any better than my 10-50 Sightron that was $900 . That’s a big fat nope !
You sound like a petty, jealous poor. Just because you can't afford quality gear doesn't mean others don't see the value.

Let me guess, your doublewide and 400lb wife is just as nice as a 15k sqft mansion and Kate Upton?

You sound like a petty, jealous poor. Just because you can't afford quality gear doesn't mean others don't see the value.

Let me guess, your doublewide and 400lb wife is just as nice as a 15k sqft mansion and Kate Upton?
LMFAO ! So you don’t have any custom groups to put up against my no quality gear ?

@Savage Mark

The NF ELR is next month in wyoming, a few spots just opened up. It’s not a PRS match, it’s all field prone. Your 300 yard groups are so good you’ll surely win the match and take home an $8,000 rifle

Reactions: Petrov
@Savage Mark

The NF ELR is next month in wyoming, a few spots just opened up. It’s not a PRS match, it’s all field prone. Your 300 yard groups are so good you’ll surely win the match and take home an $8,000 rifle
I won’t drive 3 hrs to get to a 1000 yard range , and you’re talking Wyoming ? Lol . Love to see your 300 yard groups !

I won’t drive 3 hrs to get to a 1000 yard range , and you’re talking Wyoming ? Lol . Love to see your 300 yard groups !

you’re on the wrong forum then gramps.

The reason no one is posting 300 yard groups is cause no one here guzzles dick while shooting groups at 300 yards.

your rifle is trash
Your scope is trash
Your groups are trash
you are trash

go be poor somewhere else

you’re on the wrong forum then gramps.

The reason no one is posting 300 yard groups is cause no one here guzzles dick while shooting groups at 300 yards.

your rifle is trash
Your scope is trash
Your groups are trash
you are trash

go be poor somewhere else
Lol ! Or is there another reason no one is posting their groups ? You have to admit , .5 at 300 is pretty damn good for a trash rifle and a trash scope ! And a trash shooter ! Lol

Lol ! Or is there another reason no one is posting their groups ? You have to admit , .5 at 300 is pretty damn good for a trash rifle and a trash scope ! And a trash shooter ! Lol

Put some calipers to it. Fuckin rounds aren’t even touching you clown.

i think the fact that the bipod can only be fully appreciated by a limited number of competitors for specific disciplines is part of the reason it is costly.
they could probably reduce the price some if they made thousands of them.
heck, the harris is over-priced for some stamped metal, a couple springs and some tubing.

Hey, knock your fucking shit off. You've already admitted that shooting tiny little groups on paper is off topic for this thread. If you want to talk groups on paper, go start a thread with that as the topic. If you want to keep derailing this thread, then I can arrange a vacation for you. You have been warned (and I have better things to do than play referee for someone that wants to troll).

Snarl_malinios.gif

Yeah... too bad they aren't centered on POA.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they aren't.

It was a load work up ! Do all of your groups hit POA during load work up ? Keep grasping !
Lol !

Attachments

• 1F731795-BC29-44BC-9B4B-B4AA21987C71.jpeg
    1F731795-BC29-44BC-9B4B-B4AA21987C71.jpeg
    638.4 KB · Views: 60
Hey, knock your fucking shit off. You've already admitted that shooting tiny little groups on paper is off topic for this thread. If you want to talk groups on paper, go start a thread with that as the topic. If you want to keep derailing this thread, then I can arrange a vacation for you. You have been warned (and I have better things to do than play referee for someone that wants to troll).View attachment 7337464
I’m done ! Point proven . Have a great day !