• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions about a 300Norma and the rem actions?

Archangel01

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2010
Arizona
Sorry guys, my Google-fu isn't coming up with information i think i need to know.

I currently have a 300wm, rem action in a MPA chassis. I'm I the process of putting together a 6.5x47L and wanted to step up the WM to the norma because im due for a new barrel on it and like the advantage the Norma has over the wm.

I've heard a mixed amount of information about chambering a rem 700 into the norma, i know its not a standard magnum boltface its larger. I've heard everything from it's "fine, just open up the bolt face they make 700's into 338L" to its not "ideal but it'll work" down to its unsafe and stupid to chamber a 700 into a 300 Norma.

i know its been done with the rem action i just would like to know what the major cons would be? I'm not opposed to selling my current setup if i have to and going with a stiller tac338 action or similar and a new chassis but I'd like to avoid that if i could.