• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions about MPA/Curtis Axiom

Pilotscrappy

Winter is coming
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
Spring Hill,Tn
I have a couple questions about my new mpa rifle 6.5 creed.

#1 how are you guys cleaning/lubing the bolt and bolt body do you oil the firing pin spring? Do you grease the bolt body? And do you grease the cocking roller ball thing? (see attached picture)

#2 any tips for keeping the mpa muzzle brake tight? I am having a helluva time with the muzzle brake coming loose after 15-20shots. No matter how tight I put it on (with wrench) it keeps coming loose and destroys my groups. Should I try locktite next?i feel like that's the only thing left I can do to get it to stay put

Attachments

• 20190909_174211.jpg
    20190909_174211.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190909_174200.jpg
    20190909_174200.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I would clean the threads on the barrel and muzzle brake to get any possible contaminants off them and try cranking it on. Also what brake is currently one it

I had the same issue with an APA G2 Little Bastard. I didn’t want to CRAAAANNNK on it.

Acetone off the brake and the muzzle threads, clean and dry. A little blue loctite on the locking collar and muzzle threads, common sense torque and it hasn’t given me any more trouble.

I have a couple questions about my new mpa rifle 6.5 creed.

#1 how are you guys cleaning/lubing the bolt and bolt body do you oil the firing pin spring? Do you grease the bolt body? And do you grease the cocking roller ball thing? (see attached picture)

#2 any tips for keeping the mpa muzzle brake tight? I am having a helluva time with the muzzle brake coming loose after 15-20shots. No matter how tight I put it on (with wrench) it keeps coming loose and destroys my groups. Should I try locktite next?i feel like that's the only thing left I can do to get it to stay put

I cleaned the spring with windex and put a very light coating of Hornady gun cleaner/lube on it. I place a minuscule amount of gun grease directly behind the 3 lugs I’m talking barely any and wipe upwards coating the vertical part of the lug only. Done...

Reactions: Pilotscrappy
I had the same issue with an APA G2 Little Bastard. I didn’t want to CRAAAANNNK on it.

Acetone off the brake and the muzzle threads, clean and dry. A little blue loctite on the locking collar and muzzle threads, common sense torque and it hasn’t given me any more trouble.
I'll give this a go and see how It works thanks