• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

questions about my new CZ

predatornut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
North Dakota
I just picked up a VS 452 thumbhole. I was lookiing for a Savage, but saw this on sale for $400 ($80 off original price) and figured I would give it a shot as I keep reading how good they are on here. I just have a few questions.

Was this a good deal? I only paid $200 cash after trading a Savage Axis I won in a raffle so even if its only a fair price I won't feel cheated.

How is the trigger on them? No experience with them and didn't want to dry fire it.

Do I need special scope rings for it? I see it has a dovetail with no holes for attaching a rail. Will standard 22 rings work and if not where should I look for a set at a decent(<$100) set.

This was a spur of the moment decision so I have not done any research and would appreciate any help.

Re: questions about my new CZ

Sounds like a great deal to me. Timney makes a drop in trigger which IMO is the best route to go. They are great guns have fun with it

Hell of a deal. Rifle Basix trigger is my choice, they make a good trigger. There are various kits that can be obtained to lighten the trigger, the ones DI Products sells are very good. DI Products also sells rails in +20moa for this rifle. Several other rails are available from EGW, USO and a few others.

Check out the CZ/BRNO section of the Rimfirecentral forums for about everything you need to know about these rifles. They have a sticky page on scope rings and mounting options.

Work with a guy that shoots .22 rimfire comp all over the east.
all he is using is the CZ. Dont know what he is doing to them but they sure do shoot good

I shoot a cz. Have no issues with it. I chose the Yo Dave trigger, easy install for $25. Shortened and threaded at 16.5 ahoot it supressed and it is accurate and quiet. For $200 you did good. find some mags for it and don't look back.

I attended the CMP GSM Master Instructor Course at Perry. The course deals not only with Vintage Military Rifles but Rimfire Sporters also.

In the class there were several Rimfire Sporter Coaches and I was looking for a rifle for NRA Light Rifle and CMP Rimfire Sporter so I decided to hit them up.

I have a couple good Target 22s for ISU and such but wanted a light rifle.

Almost every one of the coaches who deal with Light 22s recommended the CZ 452 Series, saying on the average you find more of then then all the rest combined in the winner circle.

Super accurate, and triggers can be adjustable (though I kept mine to match the surplus military rifle triggers).

I also went with the CZ 452 Military Trainer, since the sights also match what I use on V Mil rifles.

As to mounts, they are groved to fit the normal 22 rings.

As a side note, the grove on the 452 will also accept the rear sight from my Anschutz 1807. Havent shot it with the Anschutz yet, don't know how it would line up with the front sight post of the CZ....................

The Anschutz sights cost a heck of a lot more then the CZ.

This post does give me the idea though, might put the Anschutz sights on my 452 and try it this afternoon.

I don't know the value of the Savage Axis but if you won it, and are only into the CZ for $200, I'd say you did alright.

I did have to drill out the sling studs so I could use the 1 1/4 swivels for the leather military style sling. No biggie, a two minute job.

Thanks for all the help. The Rimfire Central tip was great. I think I am going to be very happy with this gun. I will probably get a YoDave kit since I won't get a chance to shoot it til after Christmas, my wife wrapped it up and put it under the tree!!