• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions concerning a Ruger

NH4X

Master Of Sparks
Minuteman
May 19, 2020
My memory fails me,but sometime in the late 70s (77 - 79 ?),Ruger came out, basically ,with a copy of Springfield's m14 . I think Springfield took them took court to patent infringement, and Ruger discontinued production.
1 Is my memory correct ?
2 Has anyone ever seen one,much less shot one,...Impressions?
3 what was it's model number ?
4 what is the going price for one today,if known

I saw one over twenty years ago at a gun show new in box..can't remember asking price ,but it was more than I had in my pocket.

Discuss.....

The mini 14s came about around that time. The xgi we’re closer to a m14 but never came about in the early to mid 80s. I think they couldn’t get the design to work, but who knows.

Interesting.. I can't say i have ever heard of such a beast.

You might consider asking at M14forum.com as well... LOTS of folks with decades of M1A / M14 experience.

The mini 14s came about around that time. The xgi we’re closer to a m14 but never came about in the early to mid 80s. I think they couldn’t get the design to work, but who knows.
Not a mini 14 ........it was chambered for a 308 and had a mag that worked like a 10/22 mag. XGI may be correct.....I remember seeing one advertised in a magazine in 79 . Around 90,is when I saw one at a LGS

Not a mini 14 ........it was chambered for a 308 and had a mag that worked like a 10/22 mag. XGI may be correct.....I remember seeing one advertised in a magazine in 79 . Around 90,is when I saw one at a LGS
It would have been a preproduction model. The XGI’s as far as I know never went into production, and was never in the public hands with the exception of a handful that were auctioned off by ruger.

Paraphrased from the video... "Never went into production because they could not get the accuracy down."

So, the accuracy was worse than a mini14? Wow. Just wow...

Reactions: mtrmn and Jsp556
Ruger made a mini 30 chambered in 7.62x39. Might not have been named mini! I had one in the mid 80s,

Paraphrased from the video... "Never went into production because they could not get the accuracy down."

So, the accuracy was worse than a mini14?
Wow. Just wow...

Is that even possible?