• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Questions for Florida Hunters

flatlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
I'm coming down to Florida in a few months for some guided Hog Hunting. I'm planning on bringing my AR15 in 300 BO, and would like to know if Florida law allows hunting with Short Barrel Rifles and or Suppressors?

Thanks

Todd

I'm coming down to Florida in a few months for some guided Hog Hunting. I'm planning on bringing my AR15 in 300 BO, and would like to know if Florida law allows hunting with Short Barrel Rifles and or Suppressors?

Thanks

Todd

I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to hunt with suppressors, but you are allowed to shoot targets with them. Short barrels I am not sure.

Can't hunt with a suppressor, not sure about the barrel length, and it has to be a small capacity magazine to hunt with.

IF were to ever see the roads full of those Florida Yankees headed north to Georgia the weekend before deer season you would not think it was legal to even hunt in Florida.

On private property in Florida, any legal firearm can be used FOR HOGS. No magazine limits either. If your suppressor and SBR are legally owned, they are OK to use. Lights at night, night vision and thermal are fine too. WMA's have their own rules on firearms, hours of hunting and require a hunting license. No suppressors on deer, and a five round limit for deer.

I live in Florida and have hog hunted, but have not gotten one. I hunt at night using thermal and night vision.

"On private property with landowner permission, wild pigs may be trapped and hunted year round using any legal to own rifle, shotgun, crossbow, bow or pistol. There is no size or bag limit, and you may harvest either sex. Also, no hunting license is required. A gun and light at night permit is not required to take wild hogs with a gun and light on private lands with landowner permission."

Last edited:
On private property in Florida, any legal firearm can be used FOR HOGS. No magazine limits either. If your suppressor and SBR are legally owned, they are OK to use. Lights at night, night vision and thermal are fine too. WMA's have their own rules on firearms, hours of hunting and require a hunting license. No suppressors on deer, and a five round limit for deer.

I live in Florida and have hog hunted, but have not gotten one. I hunt at night using thermal and night vision.

"On private property with landowner permission, wild pigs may be trapped and hunted year round using any legal to own rifle, shotgun, crossbow, bow or pistol. There is no size or bag limit, and you may harvest either sex. Also, no hunting license is required. A gun and light at night permit is not required to take wild hogs with a gun and light on private lands with landowner permission."

Just like Whole Bunches posted, but just want to emphasize that the suppressor is ok on HOGS on PRIVATE PROPERTY with land owner permission. If not on hogs on private property, it is not legal to use a suppressor.