• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions for you Seekins Havak PH2 owners

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Idaho
Eyeballing a Seekins Havak PH2 in 6.5 PRC. Had a couple questions come up and the search function isn't returning much.

1) Is the 6.5 PRC limited to running only the Seekins 3 round carbon fiber magazines? I see people saying yes due to cartridge overall length then I see people saying no. Can I run any other box mags in it?

2) How does the barrel of the PH2 handle heat? Do they start heating up and opening groups up quickly?

I understand they are hunting rifles. I would just like the ability to go shoot an NRL Hunter match without torching it. I also want a rifle that I can take to the range and practice with and not have the groups open dramatically after 2 shots. Like my current pencil barrels.

I have a ph2 in 6.5 prc. I don’t shoot more that 5-6 rounds before letting it cool down but it puts tiny 5 shot groups and have had it out to 1223. These are fantastic rifles and I feel a bargain for what you get.

Not sure on the magazine question. The carbon mag is longer than the standard aics mag. They also include a spacer so you can run a standard aics magazine and you can order different bolt heads. I got a 308 bolt head so I can order another barrel

I have a ph2 in 6.5 prc. I don’t shoot more that 5-6 rounds before letting it cool down but it puts tiny 5 shot groups and have had it out to 1223. These are fantastic rifles and I feel a bargain for what you get.

Not sure on the magazine question. The carbon mag is longer than the standard aics mag. They also include a spacer so you can run a standard aics magazine and you can order different bolt heads. I got a 308 bolt head so I can order another barrel
Awesome thank you. I hadn't seen anything on the magazine spacer but after going in on an off day the local shop let me play around with one.

I think I need it now. Ha

Reactions: Jeremy907
They are fantastic rifles. You won’t regret it.