• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

questions on my new 375 cheytac

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
i purchase a 375 cheytac. i am starting load development. i am wondering about loads.

i am going to try retumbo tomorrow. was going to start with 134 grains and work up to there. im wondering where most of you guys have found a sweet spot with 350 smks?

wondering what kind of cases are you using to hold loaded rounds?

Re: questions on my new 375 cheytac

Cases I believe would be .410 shotshell case. I am using 139-141 grains of retumbo but have tight bolt after each fire so I am loading down to probably 138 or so. Good luck on testing. I would do 1/2 grain add at a time to load size testing . read other topics on this for off lands measurement for 350smks,to not waste time and rounds in load r&d.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notyers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cases I believe would be .410 shotshell case. </div></div>

The round has a base diameter of .640" so you need a 20 gauge shotshell case not .410.

MTM makes a case for them Toby. It is something like a 50XL if I remember right. Thats what I have mine in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MTM makes a case for them Toby. It is something like a 50XL if I remember right. Thats what I have mine in. </div></div>

thanks cinch just ordered them

The large slot blue MTM 50 round cases will hold cheytac rounds. It's the same case as all the large 50 round ones but the black spacer system fits the cheetah perfectly and they take up a lot less room than the shotshel cases
As for loads you are on the right track but perhaps drop a few grains to start with and build up

So what will your velocity be at 138gr.?

chrono was down last time out, will have to check friends gun that is exact same. get back to you. I was having severe bolt stick at 141, so I am definitly going down. Have not shot her in awile.However had 3/8's groups 3 times in a row on lawton Lost River bore barrel at 30''.