• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions on my new Gen 2 Razor

Jigstick

“What’s the matter colonel sanders….chicken?”
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2017
    Pittsburgh PA
    Received a brand new Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27x56 EBR7 today. Mounted it up. Adjusted my eye piece. Set my parallax. Went to run my elevation turret through its full travel to make sure my revolution indicator was working. I can only dial 18mil before it maxed out. Does Vortex ship these with the elevation turret / zero stop set half way through its full travel? I believe its supposed to have 32mil total travel?

Also, the reticle seems to blur even with the slightest movement of my head behind the optic. If I'm not dead nuts behind the scope. Kinda confused on this one.

Go to the range and zero it before you try to figure out how much elevation you have on tap. Rifles and choice of rings will make a difference here.

If you are on max magnification the eye box will suffer a bit, other than that, I cant give any advice on your second question.

I can only dial 18mil before it maxed out. Does Vortex ship these with the elevation turret / zero stop set half way through its full travel? I believe its supposed to have 32mil total travel?
    Probably. Your total remaining travel will be determined by the MOA of your rifles scope base. In theory, a 0moa scope base will put your zero in the center of your scopes travel. If that's the case, then you should have 16mils of elevation after you zero. If you put a 20moa base on, you should gain 5 or 6 more mils of travel.
    My experience with the Gen2 razors is that it has a very forgiving eye box. Make sure you follow the instructions for adjusting the eyepiece. You need to do it with brief glances through the scope if you haven't done that already.

32 mil from the very bottom to the very top.
    Out of the box, they're in the middle to allow for movement up and down, different base cants, etc.