• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions on SRP vs.LRP and 6.5C Brass

rady

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2020
Trying to get my hands on Lapua, Alpha, Peterson brass for 6.5 Creedmore. What kind of performance differences can I expect in SRP verses LRP? Of the three mentioned brass' which would you go with or are there other contenders?

SRP will supposedly handle pressure better and primer pockets stay tight longer.

Reactions: rady
What he said,( @TxWelder35 )

Another exception is in these days and times, is “what’s available.” Supposedly the small primer brass is also supposed to offer better accuracy. My thoughts, its the chamber and the barrel not the type of primer that’s going to have the largest influence on accuracy.

In the end, if you don’t have it and you want/need it, and it will work…Buy It.

Reactions: rady and bunny too
I am running Lapua SRP brass. Love it. Have up to 8 firings on some, not a light load. Still tight.

I have a .260AI in the works, just waiting on my custom FB reamer to show up.
I bought 300pcs of Alpha .260 Rem SRP brass to try in it. Beautiful brass for sure.

I’ve heard that LRP deals better with low temps, but I can’t confirm.

On the accuracy front my gun shoots < 0.5 MOA at 600 yards with my load using Lapua LRP so I’m not complaining and question if SRP would be any more accurate.