• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions regarding Remington 700

tap.rack.bang

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2013
Houston, TX
I'm stuck between a Remington 700 AAC-SD .308 20'' or a Remington 700 Tactical 5R (22'' Fluted barrel, SS barrel, 5R, non-threaded, HS stock, coated barrel and action)

The AAC-SD is ~$700 and the 5R Tactical is $1300+tax, does the 5R Tactical options justify $650 extra?

The HS stock seems ok, I prefer the McMillian A5/A4 or Manners T4A maybe even a AICS 2.0.

Will I have to bed the McMillian stocks or the Manners T4A?

I'm drawn to the threaded barrel because my AAC 762SDN-6 will be here in a month or so. And I'll probably have to pay a smith $200-$300 for him to thread the 5R Tactical.

Also what is a good magnification for shooting up to 1000-1200 yards? is 3-15x O.k?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions. Thanks for the help in advance.

get the aac if you want a different stock, but the 5r IMO is a little spendy for a factory rem 700. Yes you have to bed the manners and the mcmillan. $300 for threading a barrel is a little spendy when some people will do it for $100 maybe $200. and the scopes are my only blind spot I'm not very good with magnification for ranges (estimating what magnification is needed) and what brands are best for what.

With the Manners, you can get it with their Mini Chassis, no bedding required.

R 700 AAC-SD .308( waiting on Bipod) Rem 700 .308.jpg
B&C stock very little sanding for barrel floating.