• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick and Easy Recipes

GasLight

That Guy
Banned !
Minuteman
Hello again all,

I think what I struggle with diet wise most times is the quick and easy aspect. I know my diet would improve if I had more quick and easy ways to eat healthier. So if you have a recipe for something that is quick and easy and healthy (and I am trying to stay higher protein and lower carb..) let me know!

Might be a good oportunity to find some variety instead of just hitting the same ole..

Dave

Re: Quick and Easy Recipes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello again all,

I think what I struggle with diet wise most times is the quick and easy aspect. I know my diet would improve if I had more quick and easy ways to eat healthier. So if you have a recipe for something that is quick and easy and healthy (and I am trying to stay higher protein and lower carb..) let me know!

Might be a good oportunity to find some variety instead of just hitting the same ole..

Dave </div></div>

Dave I cook triple meals and try to make them epic, and then eat them for dinner that night, usually lunch the next day, and then an afterwork snack the next day.

This way I only end up cooking the main meals like 3x a week or so. Makes more of a dish mess but I usually just clean it all up right away anyways.

Once you get used to cooking a variety of your favorite chicken breasts/steak setups it's hard to go wrong.

I just supplement that with the regular cottage cheese, protein, nuts, veggies and fruit.

I usually spend 3 hours on Sunday's fixing 3-4 things (in large portions like CW) to eat on during the week. Pot Roast (with venison or top shoulder) is always easy in the crock pot. Put it in first thing in the morning with carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions, and a couple beef bullion cubes - presto! You come home to a delicious meal that makes your house smell like heaven.

It's not so much a quick and easy thing, it's preparing food (good food) in advance so that it's readily available and easy to eat without much preparation while at work or out of the house.

People have to stop thinkin about eating in terms of "pleasure" or "satisfaction" and start thinking of eating as just fueling your body. The pleasure meals are what cheat days are for. When you can eat the exact same thing everyday for 5-6 days straight and honestly be perfectly content with it, that's when you know that your just eating for fuel/energy, not for pleasure.

I cook 10lbs of chicken breasts and several boxes of brown rice and divide it all up into small plastic containers and take 3 a day to work as well as a few other things. I throw the chicken and rice in a skippers at work and brown it with a lil fake spray butter and it's good to go. I'll supplement some 97/3 ground beef in there also a couple times a week in some burritos on whole wheat tortillas. I usually cook a pound of it at a time and spit it into two burritos and scarf down.

I eat to grow, not to lose weight so my portions are pretty large. Regardless it's about having good food that's convenient and the only easy way to do that is to pre-cook several meals at a time.

I don't know what you consider quick and easy because I don't know if you have the ability to cook while at work or not.

I'll take a cup of old fashion oats, crack 3-4 eggs using one yolk and the rest only the whites, add a couple splendas, a lil cinnamon, and a touch of low fat milk. Blend together and pour into a skillet. Cook it like a pancake. Then add some sugar free syrup or some honey or topping of your choice and you have a pretty hefty meal that is certain to fill you up and gives you some good carbs and protien.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(and I am trying to stay higher protein and lower carb..) Dave </div></div>
looks like my 100% whole wheat waffles would be out of the question!!!!

People have to stop thinkin about eating in terms of "pleasure" or "satisfaction" and start thinking of eating as just fueling your body.

Now, that's what I've been trying to say.
Thanks, Trevor.

I made some chicken breast the other day, and have to say that it was a-fricken-mazing. Starting with trimmed, lean chicken breast, I pounded it to about 1/4 thick with a meat mallet. Placed on foil-lined cookie sheet, and brushed meat with EVOO on both sides. Then I seasoned it with Dillo Dust, and drizzled it with some balsamic vinegar. Baked @ 400 degrees for 30 min (or until temp was OK in thickest part).

HOLY CRAP, it was awesome. I had to exercise all my willpower not to eat it all on one sitting.

Making it again tomorrow or Thursday as time permits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People have to stop thinkin about eating in terms of "pleasure" or "satisfaction" and start thinking of eating as just fueling your body.

Now, that's what I've been trying to say.
Thanks, Trevor. </div></div>

I started out like that, but honestly you can have your cake and eat it too. Grab a cookbook with a lower carb focus, or some of the healthier chefs cookbooks(Nakedchef etc) and just pay attention to what you're putting together.

Consider that often you can substitute healthier items in recipes and still get nearly the same outcome with a slightly different flavor profile.

I cook like a champ, and honestly it tastes great I love to eat. I figure if I can maintain a healthy diet for my wife and brother and I that tastes great we'll all have no problem staying on track with our eating goals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made some chicken breast the other day, and have to say that it was a-fricken-mazing. Starting with trimmed, lean chicken breast, I pounded it to about 1/4 thick with a meat mallet. Placed on foil-lined cookie sheet, and brushed meat with EVOO on both sides. Then I seasoned it with Dillo Dust, and drizzled it with some balsamic vinegar. Baked @ 400 degrees for 30 min (or until temp was OK in thickest part).

HOLY CRAP, it was awesome. I had to exercise all my willpower not to eat it all on one sitting.

Making it again tomorrow or Thursday as time permits. </div></div>

I do this exact same thing except I'll take lunchmeats like ham and roll it into rolls and make a kind of faux cordon bleu. I'll put swiss in if my macros allow it.

Season the chicken with taco seasoning, salt and peppercorns, maybe some chile powder and scald on both sides in a cast iron skillet. THrow it in the oven at 400 degrees or so for a half hour. If you want pour some white wine in with the chicken it makes it super moist and imparts some flavor.

In a sauce pan mix your favorite salsa, a can of corn, and 2 cans of black beans and keep them on medium heat stirring regularly for 10 minutes or so.

Pull the chicken out and substitute some nofat sourcream or greek yogurt in place of sour cream on the chicken, and then cover with beans and salsa.

Legit chicken.

I've got about 4 breasts in my fridge like that now
laugh.gif

I grill a lot. Adds good flavor to otherwise boring foods, especially if you're trying to cook them on the heathy side. Grilled chicken, lean pork chops, fish and other low fat seafood is always good. Brush a little EVOO on them, season a little, and you're good to go. You can of course try different marinades for the chicken without adding too much calories.

When I was on a hardcore diet (need to get back on that sum bitch), chicken was my friend. You can eat it in sandwhiches, salad, wraps, pasta, rice, etc etc etc. I also ate a lot of pastas. Not exactly low carb, but I was going for low cal not low carb.

I also ate my fair share of salads and cooked/raw veggies and fruit. They make decent side dishes to a chicken breast or fillet of walleye.

Lastly, with the plethora of "Lean Cuzine" and "Healthy Choice" meals out there, you got options to switch it up. It don't get any easier than sticking one of them in the mic for a quick bite. And honestly, some of that crap isn't half bad.

I never used to eat salads, but now if I don't eat them it seems like something is missing. I top them with some raisins and a healthy ranch dressing I found locally. Sometimes with cubed grilled or baked chicken.

I had intended to grill those balsamic ones I talked about, but the regulator on my BBQ is apparently frozen so I had to scrap that plan. I'll replace it when the weather is nicer. My grill is a commercial-grade stainless steel monster, I cook with it all the time when the weather is decent. No better tasting meat than grilled, IMHO.

It is not just what you eat, but what has gone into the food you eat. Chicken loaded with growth hormones. You have read about the spinach and lettuce from Mexico loaded with bacteria,,,and that was after it was washed and on the store shelves.
I loving call my wife the food Nazi. Over the years she has been committed to keeping me healthy, eventhough corporate America has keep me traveling 3-4 nights a week. She is a major supporter of local food producers in Indiana and promotes food of a know origin. Check out her blog, www.goinglocal-info.com for recipes that are healthy and have great taste. You will find that you will not eat as much if the food is full of flavor. She keeps sugars to a minimum and loves her veggies.
I am 60 and she has said he plans to keep me healthy and alive... for at least another 50 years. Like it or not

12 egg whites
4 egg yokes
1 large onion
1 bell pepper diced
1lb turkey sausage
pita bread

Fry turkey sausage with onion and drain
Mix egg whites and yokes and place in hot non stick skillet with bell pepper and onion/sausage mix and cook as you would scrambled eggs.

Each morning heat 2 table spoons of the mix in the microwave and put it in a half piece of pita bread and you breakfast buritto. If you want to jazz it give it a couple splashes of hot sausce

Baked fish
a white fish of your choice
lightly coat baking sheet with EVOO
Sprinkel fish with lemon pepper
bake at 325
serve with a quick salad

Rollup
Deli sliced lean ham
Deli sliced cheese of your choice
Roll a piece of cheese up in a piece of ham
add a little hot mustard and strings of onion if desired

Chicken Breast
1/2 cup water
Favorite seasonings. Use powders not salts
Mix seasonings in the water and pour over chicken and let sit covered in fridge over night.
Splash with liquid smoke and grill

Beer Butt Chicken
google it. Quick and easy on the grill.

Easy Shrimp
Heat 2 table spoons EVOO in a skillet
Add in lots of fresh garlic and saute
Add enough peeled shrimp to cover the bottom of skillet. Turn half way through cooking. About 3 min. per side

right now im eating to grow so my intake is high:
and i cycle my carbs and fats on a 3 day rotation
so ill give an example of my low carb day. and i typicly drink 10mg of Leucine 4-1-1 befor my meals also
but for cooked chickan the easyist and fastest way to cook it up in my opinion is to just poach it with some spices and it retains its tendernes and moisture for a good 5 days

Meal 1:1 cup old fashiond oats, 1 cup egg whites, 1scoop protien powder(blended together as a shake)

Meal 2: 15 almonds or cashews, 50g canned tuna with olive oil,

Meal 3: 1 cup white rice or oats, 50g canned tunna with 2 tspn. olive oil

meal 4: 15 almonds, whey protien shake

meal 5: 1 cup White rice or oats, 6oz chickan

meal 6: 1 cup white rice, 6oz chickzn

meal 7: 6 oz chickan, 4 condensed fish oil caps

All my meals are simple. i spend most of my days getting up early and driving around in my truck from rig to rig so u will notice the first portion of my day the food doesnt need to be heated to be eaten and they can all be eaten within 10 minuts. but i frequintly change my protien sources acording to how much planning and prep time i feel like doing so like this week ive been eating alot of chickan so i just throw my chickan in with my rice in the ziplock bags and when i get in my truck in the morning i cram the bags under my motor shroud under my hood to keep them hot and just pull oveer and scarf them down every coupl hours with some salsa or I cant believe its not butter.

i use these two recipe's daily...

10 ounce flank steak...plus your choice of seasoning..

place on 600+ degree grill..

eat..

10 ounce of chicken breast.....plus your choice of seasoning..

eat...

i keep it simple....i usually eat 20 ounces of beef, and 20 ounces of chicken, and 2-5 shakes a day...and a bag of italian blend salad will last 2 days...if i dont want the salad i eat green beans..if i want a snack i eat dry roasted almonds, or bbq, or spicy pork rinds(no carb idea for ya)..

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i use these two recipe's daily...

eat..

eat...

i keep it simple....i usually eat 20 ounces of beef, and 20 ounces of chicken, and 2-5 shakes a day...and a bag of italian blend salad will last 2 days...if i dont want the salad i eat green beans..if i want a snack i eat dry roasted almonds, or bbq, or spicy pork rinds(no carb idea for ya)..

bench

</div></div>

hahaha man you're a beast.

I like stuffed peppers.

They are easy to make, can be individually frozen in foil, and can be LOADED with low fat protein. I have some in the oven right now.

The filling is organic ground turkey, green onions, garlic, chili powder, sazon spanish seasoning, cilantro, black beans, and chopped tomato. Salt 'n pepper to taste.

Great for a single guy too. Bake them on a foil covered pan (saves cleanup) and clean the pan you cooked the filling in while they are in the oven.

If fat is okay, put some cheddar cheese in the bottom of each pepper and let it melt in there.

Gordon Ramsay himself would call it "Absa-lootly fookin-delicious."

LOL

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i use these two recipe's daily...

eat..

eat...

bench

</div></div>

hahaha man you're a beast. </div></div>

when you dont eat carbs you tend to eat waaayyy more of everything else....i am living proof
grin.gif

bench