• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quick detach 34mm rings question

Joeyhotfizzle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
Hey guys other than the ARMS 34mm is there any other company that offers a quick detachable rings in 34mm? The ARMS looks pretty high. I'm looking for one at around 0.8 something to 1.0. I'm about to purchase another PH 3-15 and would like to put a quick detach rings on it.

Thanks,
Joseph

Re: Quick detach 34mm rings question

Pete @ Roedale Precision has some 34mm QD rings. They come with thumb lever or the tool shown below.

165_0.JPG

I have some ARMS 34mm rings w/ pics on the for sale section if you need more visuals

Thanks guys but all these seems pretty high (over an inch on both the Larue and ARMS). The Roedale looks good but you're still going to need a tool to remove and remount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kokako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Pete @ Roedale Precision has some 34mm QD rings. They <span style="color: #FF0000">come with thumb lever</span> or the tool shown below.

</div></div>

Haha! thanks for pointing that out. All I saw was the picture and didn't even bother reading the reply.

They said we learn stuff through visual by almost 70%, audio/sound 25% and reading about 5%. This might not be the exact number but you guys catch my drift.

Finger tight + 1/4 turn of the wrench has been repeatable w/in 1/2moa when I take my scopes on/off with TPS, Acculocks and MK4 rings. Now I just carry a cutoff box wrench in my little bag o'tricks.

QD is nice, but unless you go LaRue, GG&G Accucam, ar any other type adjustable tension system you need a way to repeat torque values, and upon a well recognized 'smith's advice I started doing the hand tight +1/4 turn and it works well.

Never had ARMS rings, personally I don;t trust that all rails/recevers are made the same and ARMS' lack of adjustability has turned me off to them. Many use them and like them however.

Good tip sobrbiker. I will try that. Thanks.

I'm planning on buying another PR 5-15 and I want to be able to switch the optic between my Savage and my future SPR AR.

Your intended purpose may be tough unless you have a REALLY high cheekpiece on the Savage.

No, no, no. I meant just buy some Badger 34mm low's and use your hand tight and a 1/4 turn technique. I have a riser for the AR so no problem there. I just dont want to purchase another optic since I'm going to own 2 PH 3-15 which are kinda expensive already.