• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quick Detach Rings

scsbronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Michigan
I have to buy three new sets of rings......

Im looking at the A.R.M.S. rings or the Larues. Are these on par with the Nightforce and Seekins rings as far as precision? They will either be mounted on an LMT or Nightforce and Badger Ordinance rails.

Any other suggestions?

I will need two sets of low and one set of high.

Re: Quick Detach Rings

One thing I can offer is that no one seems to make a low QD mount in 34mm. I have seen plenty of 30mm from both A.R.M.S. and Larue, but not in 34mm.

I have used ARMS, Larue, and ADM (American Defense) QR mounts. The ARMS mounts were by far the worst. They cannot be adjusted to fit the rail so if you get a rail that is even a little out of spec, the ARMS mount either will not lock down or it will be loose. Quality of the ARMS mount is only OK, not all that good. The Larue mounts are good however they can mar the anodizing on the rail over time. I liked the ADM mounts.

I have had great success with the LaRue one piece mounts. I considered getting one of their sets of rings for my next optic, but they're not cheap.

Order a set and if you don't like them, sell them.
smile.gif

I have owned and played with all the big players, and Bobro would be my first choice every time. The locking levers automatically adjust to the rail, it doesn't mar your receiver, no adjustments are needed! Their machining is second to none also. Never once have I had any issues with the mount not returning to 0. I can't say the same for some of the other manufacturers that I have owned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned and played with all the big players, and Bobro would be my first choice every time. The locking levers automatically adjust to the rail, it doesn't mar your receiver, no adjustments are needed! Their machining is second to none also. Never once have I had any issues with the mount not returning to 0. I can't say the same for some of the other manufacturers that I have owned.

</div></div>
I would agree 100%

First off, forgive me if I overlooked you needing ring mounts for a 34mm scope. I am thinking you need something for 30mm right?

Take a look at www.gggaz.com

I have this one mounted on my AICS with a NF 5.5-22X56. It's built like a cinder block and there is absolutely no movement plus it holds its zero with no problem if you remove it.

http://www.gggaz.com/accucam-quick-detach-base-with-integral-30mm-rings-for-bolt-guns.html

Anybody that says these aren't good has either never even seen one or owned one. It was between this, LaRue and American Defense. All are very good but this one was the perfect height I wanted. They are also cheaper on Opticplanet.

If you don't want a one piece mount then maybe you can get two of these QD Aimpoint mounts since they're for 30mm?

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/2/

I needed qd rings for my m1a so I could shoot the irons easily. I considered the leopold, arms, Larue, adm and warne. I have a Larue so I tried that but it was too high and I had to run it backwards so the levers got in the way of ejection. So I ruled out all the ar height mounts. The leupold qrw looked like they. Could mar the scope. I didnt like that the arms Could not be adjusted. I got the warne maxima qd rings and couldn't be happier!