• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quick Detachable Rings/1-Piece Base, Rem. 700 SA

hackit2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2008
Illinois-U.S.A.
I'm in a slight pickle, and looking for some advice. I have a Rem.700 SA in 308, and want/need QD Rings with a 1 piece base.
I have a storage issue. I realize that QD Rings are not the best for holding zero, but I don't have much choice. I know You Get What You Pay For! But there's a BIG $ difference in the products I'm looking at, and wonder if one is that much better than the others? Opinions Please! Thank You In Advance!!

1 Piece Bases:

Warne Tactical-Steel, apx. $95.00
Seekins Precision-Alloy, apx. $90.00-100.00
Badger Ordnance-Steel, apx. $150.00

Quick Detach 1" Rings:

Warne Maxima, apx. $50.00
Talley Mfg., apx. $115.00

Re: Quick Detachable Rings/1-Piece Base, Rem. 700 SA

I used A.R.M.S. QD rings for a long time on an AR and then on a Rem 700 in .308. I had no problems with them. I used the #22 high rings due to the AR. If I'd been just using them on a 700 I'd have gone with lower rings. I also had a Badger 20moa base on the 700. I've used Badger, Nightforce and Leupold bases and all serve ther purpose well.

Lee.