• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors quick detachable suppressor mount for magnum calib

bob7-08

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
EU
Hi,

I m looking for an ase utra sl7 suppressor for my 300 wm bolt action ;
i saw ase utra made a borelock to mount this suppressor on a muzzle break;
i ask my gunsmith if it would work on a 300 wm and he told me on a magnum caliber the only way to mount a suppressor is a muzzle thread and not a quick detachable system which will not be safe and will break quick.
What do you think of it?
i saw the sl7 with borelock system on the trg m10 system thats why i think it would work fine but since i ask my gunsmith i'm not sure anymore..

Thank you for your help

Re: quick detachable suppressor mount for magnum calib

Get the SL7-BL its a tad bit heavier, but if I remember right, its quieter, and its QD for up to .338LM

the BL or Bore Lock system will still require a break or flash hider though. You will still need to buy something.

Any specific reason your going for that can?

If your open to suggestions, I'd look into the MK13 from AAC. Its an extremely lightweight can. I haven't shot one yet, but I have held one, and looked at it. It is a very can. Even comes with a multicam pouch ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,

I m looking for an ase utra sl7 suppressor for my 300 wm bolt action ;
i saw ase utra made a borelock to mount this suppressor on a muzzle break;
i ask my gunsmith if it would work on a 300 wm and he told me on a magnum caliber the only way to mount a suppressor is a muzzle thread and not a quick detachable system which will not be safe and will break quick.
What do you think of it?
i saw the sl7 with borelock system on the trg m10 system thats why i think it would work fine but since i ask my gunsmith i'm not sure anymore..

Thank you for your help </div></div>

Hi,

The S series SL7 is available as a thread mounting suppressor and then the fast attaching model is the S series SL7-BL.

http://www.aseutra.fi/s-series-sl7-suppressor
http://www.aseutra.fi/s-series-sl7-bl-suppressor

The thread mounting suppressor is lighter and smaller.

However if you wish to shoot with a muzzle brake only sometimes, then the fast attaching model will more likely suit your needs better.

The .30 calibre SL7 and SL7-BL models are rated to be used on all .30 calibres, including magnum calibres.

So in this case the particular gunsmith perhaps does not have experience with our products and has given incorrect information.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

I choose this model because of it's more rust resistant than the previous suppressor i had which was made of carbon steel only;
i like the QD mount and i handle and shoot an sl5 on a 260 and i like these products.
I would prefer have the choice to order an American made suppressor but as i'm in Europe it's very hard to have it(maybe impossible as a civilian user).
Thank you for your advice

Tuukka;

Thank you for your answer

i would like to order ,through my gunsmith,a sl 7BL with two muzzlebrake,one in a 3/4x24(for a DTA SRS)thread and the other in 18x100(sako TRG)both in 300wm;
Do you make the 3/4x24 thread or do i need to re-thread my barrel?is it possible to order two muzzle brake for only one suppressor?

Hi,

The M18x1 Sako ( no spigot ) thread is one of the most common threads for our muzzle brakes.

The 3/4"x24 thread is not currently in the selection, but it is one the next ones that will be added, I would estimate that we should have them available within 4-6 weeks. This is mostly due to our production being quite busy at the moment.

Yes, you can of course order multiple muzzle brakes with your suppressor from the dealer.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

Could you tell me ,please,when my dealer could order the 3/4x24muzzle break,do you have a pre ordxer list?

For what it's worth I use a Gemtech Quicksand with the quikmount that they have. It is rated for .300 Mag. The quickmount can be had in a muzzlebreak configuration or permanent tension style. You'd have to check to see about overseas purchases.