• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quick Disconect SPUHR Scope Mount

RNWRKNP

Sophisticated Redneck
Minuteman
  • Dec 13, 2017
    PHX, AZ
    Hey guys,
    Going to use this mount when my new ATACR 5-25 gets here and when looking noted that there is a QD Model. This would be ideal as I intend to share the scope with other rifles and the QD would be perfect.......if it works. Does anyone have experience with it?

It works. They are GTG. Just as good as the regular screw version. I have one on my 338 LM MRAD and it hasn't budged. It will work for your intended use. It will be a lot of work to record and track zero shift for different loads and calibers. If you don't have a problem doing lots of shooting and recording data, then it shouldn't be a problem! Spur doesn't sell anything unless it works very well! Why would anyone pay top $ for it, if it didn't?

Reactions: prion
    It works. They are GTG. Just as good as the regular screw version. I have one on my 338 LM MRAD and it hasn't budged. It will work for your intended use. It will be a lot of work to record and track zero shift for different loads and calibers. If you don't have a problem doing lots of shooting and recording data, then it shouldn't be a problem! Spur doesn't sell anything unless it works very well! Why would anyone pay top $ for it, if it didn't?

The scope will be shared between a 7RM and a 300rum but both have good brakes. Getting Rid of all my non-LR glass and can’t afford to do the good stuff all at once. This would have been a little easier if I had been a forum member 10 years ago and listening to the guys who do LR instead of my hunting buddies. Oh well......I was still shooting and having fun!

How are the Spuhr QD levers as far as clearance around the knobs? I was using ADM, but found that on the lower mounts I couldn't get a good grip on the lever furthest forward and either had to fight it, or use something to pry it open.

Thats why i moved to the MRAD. One nice piece of glass and many calibers. I don't think you will have any problems as long as your rails are good square and the same MOA elevation increments. Both are magnum calibers and should be relatively close to one another, in terms of zero shift due to different bullet/charge weight?

Thats why i moved to the MRAD. One nice piece of glass and many calibers. I don't think you will have any problems as long as your rails are good square and the same MOA elevation increments. Both are magnum calibers and should be relatively close to one another, in terms of zero shift due to different bullet/charge weight?

Identical Nightforce 20 MOA single piece.

At this point all you can do is buy one from one of the vendors here like sport optics for the the same price as a normal spuhr mount. Your going to have to buy it and test out the repeatability for yourself. If you shoot and test it out for yourself it will pay you dividens.

At this point all you can do is buy one from one of the vendors here like sport optics for the the same price as a normal spuhr mount. Your going to have to buy it and test out the repeatability for yourself. If you shoot and test it out for yourself it will pay you dividens.

Appreciate the input Ian. Trying to learn from expensive mistakes.?

Why I am going there. Kinda like using a bullshit hook on a high end Rod while fishing for lunkers?

I was lucky enough to talk to Spuhr at the Mile High Booth at SHOT this year. When I asked about when he suggested using the QD versus the standard mount I was a bit shocked. He said run the QD if you are taking it on and off one rifle, because the tightening of the lever will always be the same on the rail section. But when you are changing rifles, even though the top rail is the pic “standard” that each one is a bit different, and will yield a slightly different re-zero each time. He said you would be more likely to get a closer return to zero with the standard mount because you can ensure the same tension on the rail versus having to possibly adjust the QD mount to slightly different rail dimensions.

I didn’t expect that answer, and that is why it has stuck with me. But he said that the QD was really liked by the multi-gun guys that store or transport the rifles without optics on them.

I would have been surprised too if I hadn't have used QD mounts between rifles before. The rails are only slightly different, but you do indeed have to change the tension of the QD mounts. You'll go from one rifle where the QD locks in perfectly and move to another and the levers are either too loose or too tight.

I've developed the opinion QD mounts are either for storing rifles without optics, or in a situation where you are using your rifle in a real world scenario and need to get the optic off quick for a failure, maintenance, or you use multiple optics on the same rifle. Either scenario you will be keeping the optic on the same weapon.

This is why the normal spuhr mount has the tension bolts numbered. For consistent return to zero across multiple platforms.

Reactions: Jeffd