• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Quick impression Primary Machine CZ P-10F barrel

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    Extremely accurate. Excellent upgrade to any P-10F. Primary Machine also makes them for the P-10C, P-07, and P-09.

This is 10 rounds with the OEM barrel at 25 yards. This was shot freestyle (no support) at a practical shooting pace (firing immediately once the sights were in the acceptable area (the white index card) without delay.
    20240106_154118.jpg

This is the same number of rounds, shot at the same pace, at the same distance, using the same stance, through the same pistol, with the same ammo, except this time with the Primary Machine barrel. Seems like there are only nine holes, but there are ten. The top right hole in the card is actually a double, checked with my USPSA scoring overlay card.
    20240106_153443.jpg

This is ten sets of doubles at ten yards (one sight picture, two rounds) at around .20 - .22 splits with the Primary Machine barrel
    20240106_155842.jpg

Final verdict: 10/10 would buy again

But how are you calculating the SD of ammo through this new barrel???

Looks good.

First Lone Wolf barrel I got I was blown away how much better my pistol was shooting.
    25 yd hammer vs 00 buck from an 18” 870…..

Will look them up as I need a G20 barrel

But how are you calculating the SD of ammo through this new barrel???
    I'll have to ask that chrono douche

Looks good.

First Lone Wolf barrel I got I was blown away how much better my pistol was shooting.
    25 yd hammer vs 00 buck from an 18” 870…..

This barrel puts a 500 dollar plastic pistol on an accuracy par with pistols costing over twice that much, and I have those pistols that cost twice that much to compare it to.

Will look them up as I need a G20 barrel
    They don't make barrels for Glocks. I think because there's just too many that do already. I'd try KKM.

Reactions: powdahound76
    Yeah.
    I have used KKM and LW.
    Have had good luck with both.

Amazing what a good barrel does.

And just diggin on the SD stuff.

Guy is trying to prove he is smart and sounds like my 11 yr old quoting a youtube video trying to sound knowledgable.
    AKA, like a dumbass.
    And yes, I tell my kid that and to stop.
    🤣

Reactions: 308pirate
    Excellent results for the investment.
    I agree.

The only downside to a firearm that follows up at speed with super tight groups is that perfect doubles become more frequent and sometimes get scored as a miss. When you've been in the pistol sports long enough and know your firearm and abilities, you can very reliably call your shots.

A miss my ass. I point out to the SO at how tight my doubles are on the rest of the targets in the same stage. Down zero for the entire stage and the SO calls a miss on a perfect double. Happens to me about once every couple of months of matches.
    IDPA is still has the retarded "we do the opposite of USPSA" attitude and still doesn't allow the use of overlays to score targets. Your solution is to stop shooting IDPA and come to the dark side.

Are you still running a stock recoil spring in that CZ P10F and following up doubles that tight?
    Nope. I'm using a 14 lb Cajun Gun Works recoil spring. The stock spring is 16 lbs and works OK (I guess) with ammo north of 140 power factor. My ammo is 133 - 134 PF.

I will say this, the barrel has some contribution to doubles being that tight, but it's pretty minor at 10 yards. This pic is two sets of ten doubles at 10 yards with the OEM barrel. Top group is with the OEM recoil spring, bottom group with the CGW 14 lb spring. Skill is about 90% of it.

20231216_150034.jpg

The one thing that is constant, regardless of the distance, is how this Primary Machine barrel cuts down significantly on vertical dispersion compared to the particular barrel that came with this pistol.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Honestly, I haven't seen an overlay tell me anything more than my naked eye could.
    Well, I hate to say this but your experience is quite limited then. Round nose and conical nose bullets predominate and there is NFW you can make anything close to a fair call without an overlay, whether it is to differentiate between a double and a mike or between an edge touch and a mike.

There is a reason why overalys are used in USPSA and it's a very good reason.

I once shot a match with 200gr semi-wadcutters for the day. They punch a rather sharp defined hole in a target with minimal grease ring evidence. One of the targets on a stage for the day required 2 head shots. Even with the sharp edges of a semi-wadcutter hole, even I would swear that only one shot was in the head box. The SO studied the perfect single hole and said that even he would have recorded a miss if it weren't for him witnessing the head box shake for each of the two shots I sent.
    This is the very subjectivity that makes me hate IDPA so fucking much. Get some fucking overlays, and at least there is some attempt at measuring instead of fucking guessing. That's one of the several reasons I can't take IDPA seriously.

I do come over to the dark side and shoot a USPSA match about every other month, but I'm mainly shooting 2 or 3 IDPA matches a month because of the availability of matches in my area. There's definitely a difference in core strategy between the two sports. IDPA is more of a game of how fast you can shoot down zeros. USPSA when shooting major pf is a game of how fast you can hit C zone and in. Even the occasional loose D zone hit doesn't impact score that much in USPSA when shooting major pf.
    D's are score killers no matter what. Major PF won't change that. If you're shooting major better make sure you shoot no worse than 75% alphas or you're going to get the dog walked on you.

Most of us in IDPA that are high level expert (closet masters) or true masters usually only have about 10% of our raw time as points down. Less than that and you are a little too slow on time. Looser than that and you are not accurate enough.

Being you shoot minor in CO and are conditioned to be more accurate than the major pf gang to get your target points, you could easily dominate an IDPA match.
    I'm M in USPSA carry optics. Even as an A class shooter I dominated the local IDPA match that I shoot once in a blue moon. It's almost like taking candy from children. It's like 90% of those guys never touch a pistol between matches.

I know OP will be sad if I don't comment so...
    That's a terrible waste of pasties.....😂

Seriously tho, those pics show a real improvement for not a lot of money. 👍

• Haha
    Yeah.
    I have used KKM and LW.
    Have had good luck with both.

Amazing what a good barrel does.

And just diggin on the SD stuff.

Guy is trying to prove he is smart and sounds like my 11 yr old quoting a youtube video trying to sound knowledgable.
    AKA, like a dumbass.
    And yes, I tell my kid that and to stop.
    🤣
    Which thread is that?

Have you done anything to your trigger?

Changed the trigger blade to a flat one from HBI. Nothing more.

I am thinking about an Apex trigger kit because their disconnector softens the wall and I like more of a rolling break.

Reactions: Gustav7
    Changed the trigger blade to a flat one from HBI. Nothing more.

I am thinking about an Apex trigger kit because their disconnector softens the wall and I like more of a rolling break.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has actually learned to prefer a bit of rolling/mushy break, provided its smooth.

The obsession with TT Diamond-style breaks on a pistol just doesn't line up with what I prefer or have learned to like.

I will say though, I continue to be surprised by how nice the Apex is in my full size M&P 2.0. It's dangerously close to my S2 on single action, but with a tad more movement(which is probably a good thing lol)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has actually learned to prefer a bit of rolling/mushy break, provided its smooth.
    I learned to shoot handguns with well tuned S&W K frames.