• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick load

Kevin 53

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
mississippi
I have heard of this quick load app. enough to get my interest up. Anybody here ever used it ? I would like to hear about this before I purchase it. Thanks Kevin

Re: Quick load

I have been studying Quickload for some time. I will most likely order it soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it works. Just another piece of the puzzle. helps get you to accuracy nodes and really helps with predicting some unkowns.</div></div>

Just curious how it helps you get to accuracy node quicker? How does it help identify that sweet spot, what do you look for? I've been thinking of buying this program also...

I hand load over 60 different cartridge, and over load many of them.

Whatever Quickload / Quicktarget software costs $153+s&h, I would pay 10 times that if I had to.

But if I only loaded 308 with Varget and one bullet, I would have no use for Quickload, and the Quicktarget calculations on windage and trajectory could be done with lots of other software.

What does it all mean?
If you tinker with your handloads, Quickload really speeds things up.

For now Im loading for a 6.5 creedmoor and there is not much info out there for reloading. Also I'm new at this so I want good data to go by and I need all the help I can get for reloading.

Thanks Kevin

QuickLoad is great, but it's only a starting point. I use it constantly and recommend that all those who like to experiment with different reloads buy a copy. It's well worth the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrawDad338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious how it helps you get to accuracy node quicker? How does it help identify that sweet spot, what do you look for? I've been thinking of buying this program also... </div></div> Go here http://www.the-long-family.com/optimal%20barrel%20time.htm

I don't own it, but have talked to several who do... they all seem to be very happy with the software. I've seriously considered purchasing it a number of times, but I always seem to find a "better use" for the $153 and keep putting it off.

I've considered buying it as well. The powder selection is really out of date and they are not sure when new powders will be added. If you are looking for loads with 2000MR or CFE, you're out of luck.

I wouldn't call the powder selection really out of date.
They have Reloader 33 and Reloader 50 as well as a bunch of newer powders.
Any software program you get will have a lag time between component introductions and inclusion in the program.
Same with printed material.

What difference is quickload vs the rcbs load ? I'm trying to get the most for the buck with safe loads for the 6.5 creedmoor thanks Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Senna11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't call the powder selection really out of date.
They have Reloader 33 and Reloader 50 as well as a bunch of newer powders.
Any software program you get will have a lag time between component introductions and inclusion in the program.
Same with printed material.</div></div>

Wow, how the heck do they have Reloader 33? It's not out yet...

I use to chrony my loads however I quit. Anymore I just find the charge that shoots the best, plug it into Quickload get a velocity, and then run the numbers through JBM to get a comeup chart. Today at MW Palma using the above method I was waterline at 8, 9, and 1000. And at the 1200 yard match I used the QL velocity numbers with my .280 and you guessed it waterline. If you plug in the variables it is rather accurate. Another thing it's a nice way to try out combinations without buying them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin53</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What difference is quickload vs the rcbs load ? I'm trying to get the most for the buck with safe loads for the 6.5 creedmoor thanks Kevin</div></div>
It looks like RCBS load is more of a bunch of load books. Not sure how up to date they are but more of a large library of printed data in electronic form. QL is software that uses your entries to predict pressure, OBT, velocity, time in barrel, case fill, alternate powders, percentage change based on variable fill levels, etc. etc. It is a heck of a program. It is not however a bunch of reloading manuals, if that is more in line with what you are looking for.

Mechanic thanks for helping me see the difference in quick load vs rcbs load. Thanks to all for helping me in going with quick load. I'm new at this y'all have been a big help. The hide is a good place to be.

Thanks Kevin

As others have previously mentioned, it's a piece of the puzzle, and a valuable one at that. That said I've found that there's a significant learning curve involved in tuning it to reflect actual performance. Wouldn't want to do without it, but could.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did QL ever get alliant 2000mr put on? </div></div>

Not yet.