• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Quick Look** Adaptive Density Altitude Compensator

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Here is a short video on the Adaptive Consulting, Field Density Altitude Compensator.

Had a chance to take it out to the range to see how it compares to the numbers from my Kestrel as well how the dope matches up to my PDA and my rounds downrange.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oc3PP4EKfAE?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oc3PP4EKfAE?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Re: Quick Look** Adaptive Density Altitude Compensator

Thanks for the video!

Excellent info there Frank. Absolutely. Thank you for that. This sure wraps up what our esteemed Lindy has been saying for some years now.

Speakingofwhich,,, where is he?

"like the mildot master that came before this, this is a real good <span style="font-weight: bold">idear</span>"

LL, did you really just say "idear"?? Wow.
    laugh.gif

I've played that :42-:43 second section over and over again, turned up the volume, you said idear and I can't help myself but to tease you about it.

Branden

In our testing, we had several folks just GUESS at the temperature and GUESS at their physical altitude and they were nailing targets out to 1,000 yards, needless to say that their guesses were fairly accurate and they were <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> experienced long gunners.

download%20%281%29.jpg

Great video review. Must have product for sure. I'll be placing my order today. I do have a question, what temp do you base your rifles velocity at to choose which card you need using the FDAC? Just average environmental conditions?

Excellent question, this heavily depends upon the temperature sensitivity of the load <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> plan on using. If you've been shooting that load for a while and lets say 2,650 fps seems to be an effective velocity prediction at 90 degrees Fahrenheit, then simply insert the 2,650 card when you're shooting around that temperature. If you've experienced a velocity increase/decrease with your load that directly correlates to a change in ambient temperature, then insert the card that most closely matches that muzzle velocity at the given temperature.

Most PDA based ballistic programs allow you to analyze and predict muzzle velocity variation based on ammo temperature, if you are running one of these programs, reference that data to learn how much your load is affected by temperature. Once you've learned that, its easy to remember and you can insert the proper card in the field very quickly without referencing a ballistic computer.

For instance, the load that I shoot runs about 2700 fps at 100 degrees, and it seems to vary by about 1 fps per degree of temperature change. So, at 50 degrees, I would insert the 2650 card and use that data.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"like the mildot master that came before this, this is a real good <span style="font-weight: bold">idear</span>"

LL, did you really just say "idear"?? Wow.
    laugh.gif

I've played that :42-:43 second section over and over again, turned up the volume, you said idear and I can't help myself but to tease you about it.

Branden </div></div>

Ya Idear -- how do you say it.

You probably can't say Coffee either.

Guys this product is so simple yet effect really easy to use.

Very nice. I added a link to the video in the product info on the Triad site.

I got mine a few days ago from Steve and I love it! If your MV is anywhere close to the one on the chart it's a no-brainer to use: Estimate the temp within five degrees and your altitude ASL within five hundred feet and pick a number. Doing that puts you on target at all realistic ranges for the .308. It will permanently reside next to my Mil Dot master as a non-battery back-up.

A couple thousand more FDACs arrived today....

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

slides for Red Ryder .177 coming soon.....

I just ordered one of these. I ran the numbers through JBM on the difference between the 175SMK and the 178AMAX and they were negligible. I am curious to see if it works for me and if it does it will be like Graham's and sit right next to my MilDot master.

Here is a quick list of different bullets that will track VERY close to the 175 SMK when driven at <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">equal</span></span> muzzle velocities with the 175 SMK. These will track +/- 0.2 MRAD from the 175 SMK beyond 800 yards.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-Hornady 178gn AMAX
    -Lapua 185gn Scenar
    -Sierra 180gn Match King
    -Berger 168 VLD </span>

Hope it helps!

Here is the pouch that Tony at TAB Gear has been working on for us. It is extremely thin, compact, and uncomplicated.

DSC_0101.JPG

It is designed to carry the FDAC, a Mildot master, and multiple FDAC slides for various calibers, bullet types, velocities, etc. It will allow you to access your FDAC without dumping all of your extra stuff on the ground. The cards in the rear are only sticking up in the photograph to display the rear sleeve behind the FDAC sleeve.

DSC_0103.JPG

There is no velcro to tear open and create noise for those of you that hunt, etc and it will keep all of your analog tools in one place. TAB has bent over backwards to design a unique product for us, it is 100% American made and carries a lifetime warranty.

sosicmcise, That TAB Gear pouch looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see it on the market and add it to my Go Gear. Please keep your fans and customers up to date on all the doings there. Based on the ADAC performance and simplicity you have found a place in the hearts and gear bags of many professional and competitive shooters.

Cool video and nice pouch. Like to see what tacticool colors
    will be available for the pouch.

Great job on the video and great piece of gear.

Even better now I am seeing it for Hornady ammo as well LOL

Keep up the good work.

My order is in, had to also pick up 500 175 SMK from Southwest Ammunition group buy!

Off topic: Video quality is excellent on your reviews lately. What camera is that you are using?

Frank, on the product videos that you have been doing lately you need to include a link for buying under the video. Makes it a little easier than searching. OK so I am lazy.

Is there any sort of strap on the back side of the TAB pouch so that it could be worn on a belt or be attached to a pack?

Currently the TAB designed pouch does not have an attachment point on the outside. This may be something we pursue in the future as I believe some users would be interested in it. Any new product modifications will be posted here so folks can keep up.

Excellent, when its available with an attachment option I'll be buying one.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Frank,
    Super job on the video as always.

Taylor
    Really nice job on those cards. I will be getting another one when they come out in Meters. Mark

Received mine in the mail today. High quality product all around, a must have for anyone's kit who wants that no battery KISS system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent, when its available with an attachment option I'll be buying one. </div></div>

If you ask Tony, I'm sure he'll be glad to make you one with whatever kind of attachment you like. Or you could just take some webbing and sew on your own. It's not true that only homos sew...
    laugh.gif