• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick Measure Progressive Mount

WTW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
Lees Summit MO
Has any one used the Quick Measure with progressive adaptor? I am currently running a harrels but really hate not having a way to run it on my LNL AP... Always looking for a more accurate powder measure that will work on a progressive.

Or does anyone have a way to mount a harrels to a progressive? I would be very interesting in that!

Re: Quick Measure Progressive Mount

I luv my Quick-Measure more than any other fancy thrower for it's accuracy and simplicity and it even throws stick powders like Varget better than the Harrells......
but every once in a while does yours hang up and fail to drop for a couple seconds? like just long enough for you to remove the pan and then it dumps out all over the place-yikes? When I go slow and it's not too late at night that rarely happens LOl.

The owner of the company is really nice and maybe if you call him he may know about adapting it to a progressive?

I have had problems with the harrels if I dispense into a powder pan. Like you said it sometimes sticks a little then dumps out. What I have been doing is using a dummy case, dispense into the case then pour the case into a pan to get a weight. I think most of the sticking is caused by the stick powders bridging. I think I am probably just going to sell my powder measure collection and bite the bug on the quick measure.

Have you considered adding a baffle to the reservoir? To see if it might help, try operating the measure with only enough powder in it to give a uniform load. If this improves on the problem, get a measure template by googling "Uncle Nick's Powder baffle templates. (or something like that). It's a PDF that you can download and has a bunch of templates for baffles that can be cut out of aluminum roof flashing material. I made one for my Uniflow a while back and it definitely helps with Varget.

It will keep the powder from packing down at the bottom of the reservoir and thus "bridging".