• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick question on a McMillian stock

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Just received my A5. The front screw bottoms out before the action is tight, like a 1/4 inch of slop. Does the eschusion need to be used? Mine got tossed when I put a pillar in my last stock. I got a new one coming along with a new screw. Two washers from the sling studs seem to work to shim it in place. Pics coming this weekend if I can get this whore together. May still put a dab of JB under the wedge

I had to hunt for a shorter takedown bolt in my drawer of parts. I think the one I used was a volquartson but I would just cut the bolt down a bit if I didn't have extras to go through.

This was with a KIDD 10/22

Cut a 10.00 screw or use the 6.00 part. Supplied button head screw is too short for the rear tang, so a trip to the hardware store anyway. Won’t be able to fool with it till this weekend. One of those projects that should have been easy. If I wouldn’t have been pressed for time would have been fine. If I had the whole afternoon it would have fell together, but I had about an hour. I have about ten fixes in my head, pressing an eschusion is the easiest not sure if there is room. It is obviously sitting a bit too deep in the stock so it may get a pad of beding anyway.