• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Quick questions about Ti-rant 45 and 9

raider1v1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I think that im going to get both the 45 and 9 versions of the ti-rant. My local dealer has a group buy for 20% off and that seems to be about a cheap as they go.

My questions are what are the cons to these cans? It seems that everyone either gets the osprey or the ti-rants. Is there any reason not to get them?

Would supersonic 9mm be OK through the 45 or not? From what I have read, i dont think i would be happy with the results.

Why not get the Ti-Rant .45 because you can use it on a .45 and a 9mm with the use of an adapter and get an Osprey in 9mm? Or just get the Ti-Rant .45 to see if you like it first before buying 2. Just food for thought. I've got about 3 more months until I get my Ti-Rant .45 which I plan to use on .45 and 9mm.

the osprey looks cool, preforms equally with the tirant, but i got the tirant for the reamoveable baffles- i can clean them myself so if i shoot lead bullets its no problem, and as stated above i went with the 45 and use it on 45, 9, 380, 22, 17hmr. pretty much anything smaller than 45. and you will not be verry happy with supersonic 9mm out of any can- its still loud

Why not get the Ti-Rant .45 because you can use it on a .45 and a 9mm with the use of an adapter and get an Osprey in 9mm? Or just get the Ti-Rant .45 to see if you like it first before buying 2. Just food for thought. I've got about 3 more months until I get my Ti-Rant .45 which I plan to use on .45 and 9mm.

well they are pretty cheap with the group buy and the osprey and tirant were just about equal from what i can find. i just didnt know how well they performed if you shot a sub caliber through them. are supersonic 9mm cans not hearing safe? i thought that the tirant 9mm was.

well they are pretty cheap with the group buy. i just didnt know how well they performed if you shot a sub caliber through them. are supersonic 9mm cans not hearing safe?

does anyone know if the ti-rant 9mm is hearing safe when shot dry with supersonic 9mm? i dont think so and if not, ill just do the 45 version.

The supersonic crack is not "hearing safe" regardless of can. My Tirant 9 is impressive when shooting 147 or 158 grain (subsonic) rounds. An observer can clearly hear the action noise over what little report there is.

Tirant 45 is just as quiet on a 9mm as the TiRant 9. Just use 147 grain ammunition and all is well. Im not really sure why they still make the TiRant 9.