• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Quick review of a universal Recoil pad adjuster

Nathantc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 20, 2020
now THIS is really going to help. Now i can get into a natural COMFORTABLE position behind the rifle without having to adjust my neck and shoulder to compensate to the rifle. I can also keep the recoil impulse in a direct straight line with the bore when in prone now. Before hand only the upper corner of the but pad landed low on my body making the rifle kinda want to go under me during recoil.
wcoma2.jpg

g93y02.jpg

5l6khw.jpg

b8etz7.jpg

l3zvg0.jpg

Ordered this from the Czech Republic. Its universal and would be extremely easy to use any recoil pad you like, on any rifle you want to attach it to. I will be upgrading my recoil pad to something thicker, and softer. When i do the spacers you see in the photos (came with the product) will be removed to compensate thickness. This thing is beautifully machined and finished. well worth the $125 shipped it cost me. I just might be cutting my boyds pro varmint stocks down to compensate for this on both of them.
https://www.tactical-evo.com/en/useful-accessories/86-adjustable-recoil-pad-universal.html

EDIT
here is this piece compared to the MDT spacer thickness for reference

1vcs2h.jpg

94itvb.jpg

I don’t have an Oryx, but for reference, what is your length of pull completely collapsed with no spacers? If you could please?

I don’t have an Oryx, but for reference, what is your length of pull completely collapsed with no spacers? If you could please?
13.5" 100% oem oryx with no spacer
14.25" with the butpad adjuster and no spacer
14.5" as pictured with the spacer.

Hope that helps, wasn't 100% sure what measurement you were seeking. So in essence the height adjuster on a given stock, using that stocks recoil pad, this adapter/adjuster will add 17mm or .67 inch. All my measurements above were using the OEM oryx recoil pad

EDIT
that one piece that looks like a OEM oryx spacer is not, and is required for installation either way.

To clarify, I was looking for the shortest length of pull possible. Your measurements and description answered what I was wondering. Thanks.

Reactions: Nathantc
Do you still like this? I have an Oryx chassis and have been looking for something like this. What are your recomendations now that you've had it for a while? Where would you recomend going and getting this from?

Do you still like this? I have an Oryx chassis and have been looking for something like this. What are your recomendations now that you've had it for a while? Where would you recomend going and getting this from?
absolutely love it. Its rock solid, adjustment is quick and ez, and it lets you use what ever recoil pad you want. As for where to order it, id order from the same place i go this one from. https://www.tactical-evo.com/en/useful-accessories/86-adjustable-recoil-pad-universal.html
I say that due to the simple fact i had no issues getting it from there. Card didn't get mess with, and it actually showed up. If you can find it cheaper from somewhere else and trust the site, go for it. Me it worries me when ordering things from other countries.

As for the item its self, i do plan to add one to my (built by me) savage axis 7.62x39 that is sitting in a boyds pro-varmint stock. I ordered the stock with a LOP i thought i would like and well, i dont, so ill place it in a ban-saw and cut off the correct amount to make it work with this adapter and whatever but pad i choose to use on it.

absolutely love it. Its rock solid, adjustment is quick and ez, and it lets you use what ever recoil pad you want.
What screws did you use to screw this element into the buttpad and the buttstock? The original MDT/Oryx that were used to hold in the buttpad?

The ones on the tactical-evo website picture look more like wood screws.

I have an MDT SCS buttstock with an awfully short LOP (and confirmed non-option to get a longer buffer tube) and am considering this element as a lighter alternative to the MDT 1” slab aluminum spacer.