• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick Shooting Bench

jlorensen

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
Kansas City
Shot the new CZ 457 this morning.....at 50 yds, it's churning out 1/2"-3/4" groups using some Federal ammo....have some CCI Std Velocity to try next.

That said, the range I visit tends to get overrun by the AR guys about mid-morning, so I decided to whip together a portable bench I can take to my sister's farm and shoot without distraction (and out to 450 yds or so). After some web searching for ideas, I grabbed a 1/4 sheet of plywood and 2 carriage bolts......
20220731_142515.jpg
20220731_142538.jpg

I've got one of these I bought many years ago when I was still a member of LRH, and got to know the Legacy guys. They're really nice folks, and this bench is phenomenal. Beyond sturdy and strong. Worth every penny. I got the option for all 4 adjustable legs. 👍🏼

Cool idea, I have a couple of big wire spools, I am going to make a couple of shooting benches out of. May try this.

Reactions: jlorensen
I see more than a 1/4 sheet of plywood and 2 carriage bolts in that picture. Lets hear the rest of the parts and pieces.
2'x4' piece of 3/4" plywood
2 - 10" carriage bolts
2 - fender washers
2 - nuts

I already has the sawhorse, but a similar model can be found at either Lowe's or Home Depot. I just drilled two holes for the bolts, and used a couple scraps from the plywood to make "washers" to hold everything snug. Plywood ran about $25 bucks, and the bolts about $5.

I just looked online, and a similar sawhorse goes for about $50.

I went down this rabbit hole last year and almost did the same thing as you. Ended up getting a Caldwell Stable Table Lite.

Reactions: jlorensen