• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Quick Thanks You - 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

To: All that attended the 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup

Subject: My Quick Thanks before the Official One

I am still somewhat decompressing from the 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup. It's been a busy few months and I am so glad it all paid off.

Paul, Zach, and Trigger Time Gun Club

This year it was slightly different than previous years for a location. Again we started with a blank slate and I want to thank Paul & Zach for their hard work. While everyone saw you speeding around the competing fixing and adjusting things, they never get to see you the weeks before setting it up all. I appreciate Trigger Time Gun Club taking the leap of faith and hosting the competition. The venue was awesome and your hard work made the course of fire a big success. We moved a lot of people around safely and get in a bunch of shooting. Even when we broke targets, we were able to roll with it and I believe we learned a lot for future matches.

So people know, Trigger Time Gun Club hosts the monthly Sniper's Hide training at their facility as well they have a monthly match, so see that at T3 Firearms Training - T3 Firearms Training for details. It's a full featured Pro Shot and Indoor Range plus it has a great outside component as experienced by all who attended.

Paul & Zach were awesome to work with, and their effort was much appreciated.

Range Officers

The way we run the Sniper's Hide Cup, we are dependent on great Range Officers. We need a minimum of 20 ROs for everything to go off perfectly and this year we started with 17 and ended with the 20 thanks to people volunteering including Craig from Oakwood Tech and the Guys from Target Vision, Nick, Steve and his son. ROs can make or break a match. You can come up with a great system, but if the Range Officers are not up to the task, it will all fall apart. So thank you to all the ROs for doing what they do. I appreciate their professionalism and their ability to roll with the changes.

Armasight & MOD Armory
    10156005_10152487899992953_3991760327815729741_n.jpg

I want to thank Armasight and MOD Armory for their NV demos and shoot offs. It was awesome having them out there working together with no issues. We had a good turn out and the simulcast on the Big Screen TV by Hunter and Pete was so cool. We truly appreciate their effort and support.

Mile High Shooting

Again, Huge Thanks to Randy & Diann and everyone at Mile High. That includes the 2 Daves and Adam for shooting the Cup and doing such a great Job. Mile High Provided all the shirts for the match, and helped with the FFLs and storing of the prizes at their shop. They go above and beyond when it comes to supporting Sniper's Hide, the Shooting Community, and of course our competitors.

Bushnell Tactical

I want thanks Bushnell Tactical and Tom Fuller for attending the match, Sponsoring the shooters, and providing the Pavilion. Bushnell Again stepped up providing material support to the event. Bushnell steps up in a lot of ways, our event is just one of many.

Accuracy International North America
    10379752_10152478937992953_5862690920366744843_o.jpg

I want to thank AI for donating an AT Rifle to award to a shooter. Having Scott & Todd there for the first time was great. it looked like they were truly enjoying themselves. Also AI provided the PSR and ammo for the 1 Mile shoot using the 338. So especially thanks for letting everyone shoot a 338 to a mile.

Kyle Lynch & Exos Defense

Want to thank Kyle for working an Range Officer and bringing Exos Defense to the match for Demo Day.

Target Vision
    10150801_10152410213227953_493070210570786180_n.jpg

Thanks to Target Vision for bringing out there new Target Carriage and their Target Vision Camera. As well they acted as Range Officers which was awesome and saved our butts.

Keith Averill and TargetCam
    10177434_750641694959356_625765435051943972_n.jpg

Keith worked as an Range Officer, set up his Long Range Lounge and had his targets on camera. People loved his approach, and we appreciate his attendance at the match.

Steiner Optics
    10294238_580304908751900_8935276126953250146_n.jpg

Guys, the Sniper's Hide Cup was in Steiner's Backyard and they really stepped up. They not only supplied the Range Officers binoculars, they gave them the opportunity to buy that at 1/2 price. Then we had Dennis and Martin work a stage and were themselves Range Officers, they also unveiled their new Scope & Reticle at the match. if you have not see it, there is an announcement thread in the Optics Section on this new scope. Everyone got hands on and response from the shooter's were very positive. Last but not least, they provided the beer. Steiner had an hospitality area in the tent and after hours the beer was flowing thanks to Steiner.

Burris Optics

Burris also supported this event and had people shooting the match, as well as providing great prizes for the table. We were sorry to hear Sky to had a family emergency and we wish him the best of luck with everything.

Ashbury Precision Ordnance
    10417446_10152491036137953_8336942076332811977_n.jpg

I want to thank Morris Petersen and Matt for supporting this year's Cup with not only a Rifle for the Up & Coming Shooter, but also for bringing Team APO down for the match.

Kyle Miller and XLR
    10355019_10152485714012953_6916176832660837465_n.jpg

I want to thank Kyle and the guys from XLR for not only giving up a lot of chassis for the prize table, but also for shooting the event.

Jon Addis / Area 419
    10371759_10152492080472953_2422843473302428992_n.jpg

Jon and his team from Area 419 as well as representing Kahles at the match.

Craig and Oakwood Tech

Even though guys shot the Wifi Unit and cut the target wires during the Demo Day shoot, I want to thank Craig for sticking around and working as a Range Officer. That was awesome of his and their unit is being put through its paces and we really appreciate their efforts during the Cup.

Chad Dixon and LongRifles Inc
    DSC_0049.jpg

Thanks to Chad for attending and bringing a great Top Rifle Prize.

To a lot of the others that attended, and if I miss anyone I apologize, the real list and Official thank you will be coming:

Ryan Brandt - Bigdog Steel
    Austin Angus - AA Steel
    Jake Vibbert - JCVibby Steel
    Bill Bland - MyCustom Event / Area53

Thanks to Carl @ In Motion Targets for the mover, definitely a highlight

We will have a complete list of sponsors and their contact information in the coming days. it's a lot of go through... so bear with us.

Congratulations to Bryan Morgan on his Big Win...
    10294472_10152489830337953_7514066829495861629_n.jpg

To Trostal Dorgan on Second Place and Wade Stuteville on 3rd.

To all the competitors for being safe and understanding the need to adapt when we broke targets. It was great to hear all the laughing, the fact people were willing to help each other and that the match flowed as planned.

Also to all who have approached me and knowing how bad I am with names, but rolling with it and sharing a joke or two. Thanks again to everyone for attending.

Really, just an awesome weekend, the weather held, the food was good, the vendors were present and the competitors were safe.

Please if you missed you, I will be following up, so never fear.