• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Quickest place to get a carbon fiber prefit barrel?

fushi

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2019
I'm looking to buy a carbon fiber prefit barrel but it seems most places are at least 8-9 weeks and others are "at least 12 weeks" out; does anyone have a recommendation on a maker that has a quicker lead time?

I'm specifically looking for a prefit savage small shank barrel in 6.5 creedmoor between 16-20 in long, to fit my ARC nucleus action.

As a follow up is there really that high of a demand for carbon fiber savage prefits or do they just not pre make a ton of them due to the cost?

Stocky's has 22" Proof Research, Sendero contour in stock.

Due to all the possible combinations- length, chambering, twist rate, and contour- it doesn't make much sense for barrel manuf's (or their dealers) to go out on a limb and stock contoured/chambered barrels hoping they'll match exactly what someone wants.

Like the above- you want no longer than 20" (which isn't common for a bolt gun). Not likely to find that anywhere on the shelf- be it CF, or steel.

Reactions: fushi
ebay :) its where i found my hard to get bolt blank ...

Reactions: fushi
Thank you! I don’t know how I missed the stockys barrel before.

I will start by saying that Carbon six customer service is great and I will defiantly order a barrel from them another time but their lead time was around 12 weeks or so.

I've got a 18" Carbon 6 Barrel chambered in 6.5CM, savage small shank w/ barrel nut I'm trying to get rid of. Shoot me a PM if you're still looking.