• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quickload for a fee

Pirate-69

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2009
Greenville, NC
I have a couple of 300 Winchester Mag loads I would like to run through Quickload to see where they fall on the accuracy nodes. Since I do not own Quickload, I was wondering if someone would run them for a fee? It will give me a chance to see if I want to purchase Quickload in the future.

Re: Quickload for a fee

I'm not an intellectual property attorney, but I think a portion of the fee might be payable to the software developer.

You did know about this thread? ---> http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1015185&page=1

Personally, I'm in favor of people exchanging favors on a limited basis, and would also approve of a certain "output sharing" scheme between NECO and its licensed users so we who do not want to buy the entire program can still access it without anyone being cheated.

A dollar per load run payable to NECO seems fair to me. The licensed user doesn't have to charge anything at all, but a buck for that person seems fair to me, too.

True confession: I *did* have someone run a few numbers for me on QL through a private message exchange. There was no open publication of the results, so I perceive even less potential "damage" to the developer for that. But if they were to challenge me and the licensed user, I'd gladly pay a buck.

Re: Quickload for a fee

Well, it looks like the "newbee" stepped on a landmine. Grump, thanks for directing me to the thread, it was interesting to say the least. The main reason for asking for a couple of runs, as stated in my Post, was to see if I liked the output. Don't think I will worry about that now.

For those that have been thinking about buying QXXXXXXXXX for its trajectory features, I have something I am willing to share. It is an XL based trajectory program that I wrote. You will find it matches the commercial programs and has a few more features. It is free to anyone that would like to try it. Just email me and I will attach it as a reply.