• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

quickload QL update: web update is a PITA

secondofangle2

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2017
    Have you guys done the web version of the update yet? I don't recommend it.

I did it for speed, cost savings, and because I don't have a CD drive on my current computer.

I regretted it. You need instructions for the instructions for the downloadable update. It's a dizzying array of different file types for different operating systems. Very confusing and disorganized. Moreover, you need to download a program to unzip the files. Complete mess.

I had dropbox on my computer and it suddenly did a backup and effed up the QL update just 2 weeks after installing it. No way I was going to go through that torture again, so I ordered the CD, popped it into a $25 external DVD drive from amazon, and no fuss, easy as pie update.

Just thought I should share this experience and compare it with others'.

• Wow
    Reactions: ShtrRdy
    Have you guys done the web version of the update yet? I don't recommend it.

I did it for speed, cost savings, and because I don't have a CD drive on my current computer.

I regretted it. You need instructions for the instructions for the downloadable update. It's a dizzying array of different file types for different operating systems. Very confusing and disorganized. Moreover, you need to download a program to unzip the files. Complete mess.

I had dropbox on my computer and it suddenly did a backup and effed up the QL update just 2 weeks after installing it. No way I was going to go through that torture again, so I ordered the CD, popped it into a $25 external DVD drive from amazon, and no fuss, easy as pie update.

Just thought I should share this experience and compare it with others'.
    I did the download update in January. No mess no fuss once I got the download. Not sure what you had to do differently. Zip was password protected but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reactions: John Glidewell
    Sounds like quickload - everything is more complicated than it should be!

I’ve not done an update in about a year & probably haven’t tried using the program in about the same amount of time - found it to be a nightmare with no support when I emailed them

Reactions: secondofangle2
    Happen to have the change list for the latest update? The US QL site shows a Feb 5 2024 update but doesn't have a change log listed.

The UK site has a change log, but only up through the December 2023 update.

Want to see what's been in the last few updates to see if it's worth buying it or hold off until the next one. Mostly wanted to see if they added 7 PRC, 6 & 22 GT, and some of the new staball powders like staball match.

Reactions: simonp
    I did the download update in January. No mess no fuss once I got the download. Not sure what you had to do differently. Zip was password protected but nothing out of the ordinary.
    What operating system did you have? And how did you extract the files?

Interesting. I bought it on the CD about 6 months ago. Did an update almost immediately with no issue. I had a question about the bullet library that I emailed and had a reply very quickly.

^ yes the CD update is very easy just plug and play. I just keep the latest update CD in the case that came with my original program in 2014. Hardcopy back up.