• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

QuickLoad questions

OzzyO20

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2014
London, KY
I have seen 'QL' referenced around various places on the hide, and finally figured out it was an acronym for QuickLoad. This seems like pretty hand software, but the links I found lead me to A) a place that said you cannot download it in the United States and B) a website that I wouldn't download anything from to save my own life.

How do you all get this software, or is there a free demo version? Just wanting to check a few things and the only price I saw was $150+.

Thanks.

It’s been a few years since I’ve used it, but back then Necos sent you a disk with the s/w (QL or QD), via their website.

Its by CD, you have to buy the physical copy and install it. No digital downloads. And because of that I havent bought it.

Reactions: OzzyO20
Its by CD, you have to buy the physical copy and install it. No digital downloads. And because of that I havent bought it.
I think the updates are via download, but yes, the initial s/w load is via CD unless it has changed.

Reactions: spife7980
If you are going to only reload one highly overrated cartridge and experiment with two or three highly recommended powders to narrow it down to one than save your money. You don't need QL.

Agreed. QL/QD is more of an engineering s/w tool, and is more useful in conjunction with a ballistics lab and pressure gun.

Reactions: OzzyO20
If you are going to only reload one highly overrated cartridge and experiment with two or three highly recommended powders to narrow it down to one than save your money. You don't need QL.

I'm old enough to have learned when to keep my mouth shut; but I am also curious by nature, therefore I have to ask what this means?

"...one highly overrated cartridge...

is 3.9 the latest version of QL ?
Yes.
BUT, there are 2 - 3.9 upgrade discs, version 1 & 2. I just ordered 2 last week, should be here any day.
I cannot tell you if you order version 3.9 right now if it is updated, a call to Ed at Neco would resolve this.

Reactions: fxdrider
thanks, I do have QL v3.9 and right under the S.N. is v3.9.0.15

Agreed. QL/QD is more of an engineering s/w tool, and is more useful in conjunction with a ballistics lab and pressure gun.
Never thought of it this way and you may be correct, but most of us don't have pressure barrels or ballistic labs, lol

As a reloader of 33 yrs, buying every worthless new manual that came out, Hornady every 3 yrs, Sierra packets every 8 yrs, new Nosler, the only one I gave up after one was Speer. Sorting through garbage info telling me IMR 4064 may be the best.
IMO Quickload was a breath of fresh air, you now control inputs, case cap, biggest factor, seat depth. It is the best guideline out today, guideline, not gospel. Plus no more 32 buck Hornady manuals.
You can build and add cases, and bullets.
The only drawback IMO, and it is the same with any data you come across, that the powder tested most likely will never be the lot you are using.

thanks, I do have QL v3.9 and right under the S.N. is v3.9.0.15
I can't say, someone will come along that knows.
I bought 3.8, on 2nd upgrade disc, so with shipping I am in it for 210, can't quit now, lol