• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quickload/ Quickdesign help!!!

Fatelvis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2003
Mokena, IL
I just bought Quickdesign, and WOW it seems complicated! Is there a simple way to navigate through standard cartridges without reading 70+ pages? Maybe I bit off more than I can chew here......

You'll get it,,just read the user guides and practice with it, set up your windows and always measure case capacity and other measurements. As you are reading the guides, practice what it is telling you to do, click around with it and see what it does. You will have some "lightbulbs" come on as you do this. Take it one step at a time. It DOES have a learning curve.

I was wondering how you liked it...

Measure everything you are capable of with reasonable precision. Bullet lengths, for instance, tend to differ from the QL db, but I find the db's figures for boattail length and reduced diameter almost always are correct. If you can measure it, don't take QL's word for it.

And never change any setting unless you have a valid reason for the change, and the reasonable expectation that your new setting will produce more valid data than QL's defaults would have.

Thanks for posting that link Jay, I was going to, but I rebuilt the 'puter a while back and it's on a disk somewhere buried deep in the backup files.

Thanks Guys. Boogie, that tips page looks like it's still over my head! I still need to learn the basics before tweaking the powder burn rates! Lol

1) Click on the Quickload icon on your desktop
2) Click on "continue".
3) select a cartridge
4) click on the 7th icon on the tool bar. It is the second image thatis binoculars over a case.
5) click on "ok"
6) Click on "ok"
7) Click on "ok"
8) Click on "yes"
9) Select a bullet
10) select a powder
11) type in a powder charge
13) type in a barrel length
14) click on "Apply&Calc" in the charge section
15) Wait for 10 seconds for the velocity and pressure to appear

16) Click on the QuickTarget icon on your desktop
17) Click on continue
18) Click on "Receive Data from QuickLOAD"

19) Click on the 16th icon on the Quickload tool bar that says "1 2 3".
20) Enter a maximum pressure of 65,000 psi
21) Click on "Apply&Exit"
22) Find the powder in that list, that you own, that gets the highestvelocity
23) Select that powder in the charge section

QuickLOAD - choosing a powder - YouTube
Kevin Adam
www.ShootForum.com - THE Shooting Forum