• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

QuickLoad users: crimps and initiation pressure

colt933

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2009
Tennessee
I've done some searching, and read the manual. But I can't find any particularly good answers.

The default for Shot Start (Initiation) Pressure is 3626 psi.

Do any of you modify this value based on crimp or no crimp?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

It's been awhile since I played with that s/w, but I thought there was a pull weight value to allow the factoring of a crimp or not.

It's been awhile since I played with that s/w, but I thought there was a pull weight value to allow the factoring of a crimp or not.

Yes, it's the Shot Start as mentioned in my first post. The value defaults to 3626. But I see no documentation on whether this includes a crimp or not, or just a .001" press fit, or whatever.

It doesn't have it in there. There is the default and then you change it if the bullet is jammed. Having said that, I strongly suspect that crimp and/neck tension provides a roll in pressure. From my shotshell loading experience, primer brand would also have an impact. Neither is taken into account with Quickload. Factors you can control with input is bullet seating depth, measured case capacity in H2O, and you can very powder density. The program itself say that there can be up to a 10% variance from powder to powder lot numbers. You still have to work it up like you normally would. I like it the program a lot. If I want my case to be filled up to at least 95% full and get velocities over 3000, I can put these variables in and it will shoot me out some powders that meet my needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk