• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quigley-Ford

LMFAO 🤣 god that was such a good thread. I think a review should follow.

After all these discussions over the years, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I finally encountered Quigley-Ford riflescopes in the flesh, so to speak, at the NRA show.

They are everything I expected them to be.

ILya
So a new high end hunting scope video is on the way then?

Any truth to the rumour that Quigley-Ford has a weight bench set up at their booth so that prospective purchasers can prove they're qualified to own one? I think you also have to show proof of prior employment in the concrete business.

Guys who have a Quigley-Ford mounted on their rifle are pretty special!

Any truth to the rumour that Quigley-Ford has a weight bench set up at their booth so that prospective purchasers can prove they're qualified to own one? I think you also have to show proof of prior employment in the concrete business.

Guys who have a Quigley-Ford mounted on their rifle are pretty special!
I was expecting a concrete pad and bench press setup, but none were apparent.

There was noone in the booth. There were a few scopes and a note "back in five minutes". I looked around and returned fifteen minutes later. There still wasn't anyone there, so I left. The scopes looked to be cutting edge 1980s technology except without any country of origin stamp. Visually, they reminded older AO Chinese Tasco scopes, but I had no way of verifying that.

ILya

what-is-that-what-is-happening.gif

@koshkin , you were ignored at the booth because lack of bow kills. The Breyer glass is only for the elite.

@koshkin , you were ignored at the booth because lack of bow kills. The Breyer glass is only for the elite.

That may very well be true. I also, regrettably, lack any experience with concrete work and can't easily recall benchpressing anything since high school.

I suspect it is my own inadequacy that prevents me from truly appreciating the greatness of these scopes.

ILya

Last edited:
Stealing that orange paper saying for my sig line. All the rest of you can "cash it mofos"

Reactions: Fig
This sucks, as I was so looking forward to driving around in my Quigley Ford, with a rifle that was topped with a Quigley Ford scope !!!

VZM.IMG_20160423_160153.jpg

Any chance of an interview with the QF team? I’ve been shopping high end hunting scopes for months and this one checks a lot of boxes for me.

I am afraid not. There is a limit to my ability to keep a straight face and this would immediately go way past it.

ILya

Fancy little case for the scope though. That right there says that the scope does best when displayed on the coffee table along with a picture book about big game bow hunting.
That case is probably the most expensive thing about it. I will say it looks impressive.

Yeah, if you're the sort of person who's impressed by the quality of the box a scope comes in, then Quigley-Ford might give you a case of envy...

Jeez, the jokes about this scope practically write themselves.

I wonder how the QF scopes compare to these:
To be completely honest, I once owned a Shepherd dual reticle scope. At that time, it was the best scope I owned. It was an inch per hundred yard rig and I loved it. I had it laying in the back seat of a car with some other miscellaneous crap and some fucker broke the side glass to steal most of that shit.

Perhaps I missed it, but did they display their sponsored shooter's (the-one-and-only Buddly) "soccer ball groups"?

@koshkin this report was gold. Thanks for reminding me of that epic thread. Much appreciated!

Instead of THAT orange sheet of paper, they've should've just had a bench with 275 on it. Then the orange paper taped to the bar could say "don't even ask about buying one of our scopes if you can't bench this, pussy."

There was probably nobody at the booth because they had an emergency pour? See any mixers in the parking lot?

Based on the banner in the booth they are the shooting world equivalent of the crap items kids have to sell for school fundraising drives.

I wonder how the QF scopes compare to these:
To be completely honest, I once owned a Shepherd dual reticle scope. At that time, it was the best scope I owned. It was an inch per hundred yard rig and I loved it. I had it laying in the back seat of a car with some other miscellaneous crap and some fucker broke the side glass to steal most of that shit.
I own a Shepherd rimfire model, used one year for our 12oz soda can shoot out to 400yds.
Interesting reticle, and a lot of fun to screw around with.
I just slapped it on a new CZ 457 Varmint Precision, and after a 50yd zero, got several hits at 150 and 250yds, so it does work, just not very precise.

Hey guys!

Instead of THAT orange sheet of paper, they've should've just had a bench with 275 on it. Then the orange paper taped to the bar could say "don't even ask about buying one of our scopes if you can't bench this, pussy."

There was probably nobody at the booth because they had an emergency pour? See any mixers in the parking lot?
Well it was Houston, where there is no shortage of road work going on.

Reactions: Mike_in_FL