• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quik load guru’s ?

rcaples

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2022
Texas
Can someone that knows Quik load check the pressure on this load? 20” 223 Wylde 1:7 twist.
IMG_4385.jpeg

It's thermonuclear.

All kidding aside, QL for some reason or another doesn't model XBR close to being correct. In QL it shows to be around 76k PSI. It's not.

24Gr XBR is the exact load me and a couple of other friends shoot with 77gr SMK and TMKs. We have shot this load to 1100 yards before and have used this same exact load in at least 10 MK12s. It's a high load for sure, some people have better luck in the 23.4-23.8 area with that combo.

Reactions: simonp and rcaples
It's thermonuclear.

All kidding aside, QL for some reason or another doesn't model XBR close to being correct. In QL it shows to be around 76k PSI. It's not.

24Gr XBR is the exact load me and a couple of other friends shoot with 77gr SMK and TMKs. We have shot this load to 1100 yards before and have used this same exact load in at least 10 MK12s. It's a high load for sure, some people have better luck in the 23.4-23.8 area with that combo.
It’s a dang accurate load in my mk12 clone ish
70062612941__8EACEC60-B88A-4A33-ADA7-3DA271CDAA74.jpeg

Reactions: simonp
I ran GRT for the 77 TMK - I haven't held them side by side but there's several K of PSI difference between what Heretic got with the SMK, for what it's worth.

Reactions: rcaples