• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

R 700 Rebuilt on Mcree Gen. 5+ MP-MOD stock Review

5hans5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
CT
I put one of Scott's new MP-MODSS stocks on my 700sps and had a chance to try it out (0-1000yds). Caveat- it was my first time out past 100yds (stupid state's limits, so I went out of state). Results- Solid hitting out to 800yds.... but my ammo ran out of steam after that. I guess I need to go back out with some hotter ammo (darn, more shooting required). A lot of other shooters wanted to lay behind it and I think Scott as a few more orders coming soon.

Scott did a great job on the stock, it fit like a glove and the milspec green paint job got a lot of attention. I got the folder, which allowed me to keep the cheekpiece up when cleaning- just buy it that way and stop guessing if it's worth $40. He was very supportive of my questions and the stock is rock solid. Thanks Scott!

The only suggestion I would have for other shooters is have someone knowledgable (and maybe whom owns one) fit you on the cheekpiece. I thought I was good, but it turned out I needed it lowered and at an angle for a perfect fit. That's a bit tricky to do alone with allen's wrenches.

Re: R 700 Rebuilt on Mcree Gen. 5+ Tacmod stock Review

CT forbids people to shoot past 100 yards?

Re: R 700 Rebuilt on Mcree Gen. 5+ Tacmod stock Review

They don't "forbid" us, they just make it really difficult to do it. There aren't ranges available out past 100yds and the one that was has been shut down because neighbors were claiming rounds were jumping the berms. No matter how much they fixed the range they were still being sued. You get the picture.

Re: R 700 Rebuilt on Mcree Gen. 5+ MP-MOD stock Review

Thats a great review and sounds all cool...but a pic would go along well with it...

Yes, please don't tease us with a report and no pics. It's like going out with a hot chick and no first base.

Duly noted. I'll see if I can post a few tonight.

There are ranges beyond 100 yds. in CT...

If you aren't shooting 175s beyond 600 yards, you don't need "hotter" ammo, you need heavier bullets.