• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R-P Remington 260 brass - When???

One-Eyed Jack

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Minden, NV
I haven't seen any Remington (R-P) 260Rem brass for months - I mean none at all. Does anyone have any info on when we might see some R-P (I know you can buy Lapua)?

I will have my brother check the gun store by where he is working, he picked us up about 800 rounds of Remington 260 brass and he talked like they were going to get more in. The were $35 per 50 but considering it's all I have seen for months I was happy to get it.

Does necking up brass shoot the same as regular 260 brass?

I can't answer that, but necking down 7-08 brass works well for me.
I haven't seen any WW 7-08 or Remington .260 brass for months. I've got plenty of Lapua, but I'd like to have some cheaper brass loaded up for matches.

. Got my first 260 in 2005 and have been using necked up 243 lapua brass. Finally tried remington 260 brass out of curiosity and it made no difference. Once your brass is formed you are good to go.

Mine does.
Checked the clearance between the loaded case neck and chamber, .0035" to .004".
The case wall thickness works out perfectly.

The nickel plated stuff at Natchez is $.60/ea if you buy 500, otherwise $.70/ea.

Joe

Thats cool! Yea 243 brass is easier to find than 260 non lapua

im up in the air about getting a 6.5 creed or 260 bolt action... this is a big deal for me when making my pick... would you say it is easier to get 6.5 creed brass during "crazy hard to get components" times like we are going through right now?

Here in illinois it seems like the 260 remington brass was the last stuff left on all the shelves. But lately all you can find is lapua because nobody wants to pay for it. Elfster,i personally have never seen creedmoor brass or ammo and i live within an hour of gander mountain,cabelas,bass pro and about 10 other decent gun shops. I dont know if they dont stock it or people buy it up that fast.

I haven't seen any Remington (R-P) 260Rem brass for months - I mean none at all. Does anyone have any info on when we might see some R-P (I know you can buy Lapua)?

260 doesn't appear to be a priority with Rem. It appears that the only rifles currently offered are Model 7's, so doubt that they're losing sleep on the brass. Maybe I missed it, but couldn't find a single Model 700 on their website currently being chambered for 260 Rem.

Last edited:
My big local shop has at least 4 boxes of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor brass on the shelf...and exactly zero 260 anything.

Seen RP and Nosler 260 brass at many Cabelas around the country, even the last 3 months.

Here in illinois it seems like the 260 remington brass was the last stuff left on all the shelves. But lately all you can find is lapua because nobody wants to pay for it. Elfster,i personally have never seen creedmoor brass or ammo and i live within an hour of gander mountain,cabelas,bass pro and about 10 other decent gun shops. I dont know if they dont stock it or people buy it up that fast.

260 doesn't appear to be a priority with Rem. It appears that the only rifles currently offered are Model 7's, so doubt that they're losing sleep on the brass. Maybe I missed it, but couldn't find a single Model 700 on their website currently being chambered for 260 Rem.
It may be that Sniper's Hiders are the only people with high interest in 260Rem, despite the lack of commercial interest in it.

"Does anyone have any info on when we might see some R-P (I know you can buy Lapua)? "

I asked my barber, he says his divorce attorney said May 6, about noon. 'Course his information may not be true.

"Does anyone have any info on when we might see some R-P (I know you can buy Lapua)? "

I asked my barber, he says his divorce attorney said May 6, about noon. 'Course his information may not be true.
I knew it was May 6th but don't know which decade.