• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R25 Trouble with reloads

dduzgnzs

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
My new R25`s bolt will not close when loaded with a resized hand load.
I have checked all the dimensions and they look fine.
A factory Win. load works, as well as new virgin brass hand load.
The reloads drop down into the chamber the same depth as a new one
but the bolt wont fully close.
My suspicion is maybe the burr created from the extraction paw (term?)
is causing this malfunction.
Any suggestions or something else I might look at?

Re: R25 Trouble with reloads

thanks for the reply, but I don`t think its a die issue. it almost has to be a burr thats being created on the rim during shell extraction. I have removed the bur on a resized case and it will chamber.I will know tomorrow if that was the problem. I read a review here that mentioned
a tight chamber, and one person even said they sent their rifle back.
This rifle will be a POS IMO if I cant reload for it
reloading / shooting is a new hobby for me.

check your shoulder bump on the brass you resized.

If factory ammo will chamber, I suspect you are not bumping the shoulder enough.

FYI / Update...I dont have a definate answer however after removing the small burrs at the case rim the problem seems resolved. I also instead of pulling back the charging handle and letting it go, I lock it to the rear and use the release. One wouldn`t think that would make a difference but ???
Just wanted to pass this along thanks for the replies, gotta go now but will visit again..a very cool forum!