• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R700 7mm-08

Derrick0188

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2013
My father owns a Remington 700 7mm-08 that he uses for deer season. I noticed that the gun wouldn't group at all shooting sometimes 3-4 inches at 100 yards. The factory trigger on the gun has a pull of around 6 pounds, which is absolutely ridiculous! I bought a Timney trigger for his gun and set it at around 3.5 pounds. I also installed the varmint stock from my .308 because of the larger barrel channel his barrel is now free floating. I cleaned the hell out of the barrel using Remington bore cleaner. NOTE: Remington bore cleaner will eat duracoat. It took the duracoat right off the end of my barrel on my .308 varmint. The scope base/rings is DNZ Game Reaper. The scope on his gun is a Simmons Whitetail 6.5x20x50. I put everything back on the gun and torque everything to specifications. I bore sighted the gun at 100 yards, fired 2 shots, and then adjusted 4 inches right and 1 inch down. I then fired 3 shots at the center and here is my group in the picture. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. When I fired my 2nd shot and couldn't locate the bullet hole I was baffled. I then realize that it had gone through the first hole lol The 3rd shot was about 0.375 below the first 2 holes. Needless to say he is happy with his rifle and cant wait until deer season. He said he might try some more challenging shots now haha The ammunition used is Winchester 140gr Ballistic Tip 7mm-08.

7mm-08_zps8238bc72.jpg

7mm-082_zpsb35bb983.jpg

Nice group, mine(top)usually puts the first 3 in the same hole if I let the barrel cool between 2 and 3 with 150NBTs.
CI0v6df.jpg

I like to see relatively stock guns shot well. As near as I can tell, the group was .335" or .32 MOA. I love 7mm.

I like to see relatively stock guns shot well. As near as I can tell, the group was .335" or .32 MOA. I love 7mm.

Thanks. I was very surprised by the accuracy. I adjusted half an inch left after that group to put it dead center. This gun shoots as good or better than my R700 Varmint .308 which has more invested into it.