• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R700 Feeding Issue

dustingaunder

Untitled
Minuteman
  • Dec 11, 2008
    Oklahoma City, OK
    www.google.com
    I’m having an issue I can’t resolve with my R700 SA. It’s in a bravo with 5 round AI mags with the binder plate removed and welded up.
    It’s a 7-08 with 162 amax.

When the mag releases the round it flicks the case head up just right and wedges in the barrel against the bolt and top of the receiver. If I go faster the timing is off and it chambers fine. If I work the bolt slower the timing is off and it chambers fine. I’ve chamfered and polished everything in the way of the case and it’s not catching on anything, it’s getting wedged at just off angle at just the right timing. I can release bolt pressure and it falls down and goes right in.

I’ve been modifying the feed lips. This can help but I’m only modifying the timing of this happening.

B4A4270D-BCCF-4648-8002-E80EDC32597B.jpeg

DBE1F80B-67E5-4964-9056-34E98CC746AD.jpeg

Is the bullet tip getting stuck in the barrel counterbore? Something is preventing the cartridge from moving forward.

No. I’ve hammered them home and not a dimple on the AMAX polymer tip. It leaves a scuff on the case body from the chamber mouth. Best I can tell is it’s wedged between the camber mouth, the top of receiver and bolt face. I have a great slo mo video of it from my phone but YouTube doesn’t show it as slow mo.

It’s this far in when it jams.

355105B7-F6D3-41BE-A187-157E3DBA5DE3.jpeg

So you removed the binder plate on the AI mag correct? Now there is a gap between the follower and the mag correct?
    I have done this but made a small mod to the follower because the follower was moving forward doing some weird stuff.

It was the ejector. Put a chamfer on it and polished it and I can no longer reproduce the issue. I cycled through 10 mags of dummies and couldn’t get it to happen. I could feel some catch the ejector but now roll over it. I couldn’t get a whole mag before without at least 1 jam.

I’ve been fiddling with this thing for 2 days. I never would have suspected the ejector. Finally noticed the rim of the cases all nicked up and that the jams were always up and out opposite of the ejector. Im glad it was easy. It was pissing me off.

9E3E6F49-B6E0-4822-B90C-7C7DE229FD05.jpeg

Last edited: